• Register Today It's free!

Driving a car

Maxstealth04

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
Anyone else have issues driving a car after driving your Ex soo much? The truck went in the shop and have to drive a Taurus till it is done and I HATE the thing, can not wait to get my truck back.

Its hard on my knees getting in and out, it does not have auto headlights, and ect. Am I just spoiled?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My only issue with driving cars is that my head touches the roof in most of them. at least it does in my mustang, and my lincoln

usually after driving my X for so long, when I hop...WELL...fall into my firebird due to the ground clearance height differences, I somehow usually end up grabbing for a column shifter that is not there. Then feeling like an idiot, find the one that's in the center of the car, where it always has been.

That, and I feel so little in cars compared to my X, I thoroughly enjoy my slightly more demanding size

When I drive my wife's Camry from time to time I definitely notice people are less likely to yield in traffic where appropriate. I guess smaller cars aren't as visible or maybe people have a natural tendency to give larger vehicles a wider berth.

Anyway, my wife likes riding in/driving my truck for this reason and because she likes the height so she can see better.

Every time I drive my wife's Fusion (which used to be my car) I slam my foot into the left side of the floor well when I park it... oops. My wife laughs at me every time i do it too.

Every time I drive my wife's Fusion (which used to be my car) I slam my foot into the left side of the floor well when I park it... oops. My wife laughs at me every time i do it too.

Lol I have my x and a E-150 and I strongly dislike my ass dragging the ground in the taurus thus why when I bought my x the taurus sat over 6 months(cracked windshield) and rising fuel costs force me back in her...
At least all 3 are column shift but its a pita with 3 almost identical keyless fobs.....

What's wrong with your truck, btw?

I was rear ended going 80 down the freeway.

The shifter is in the center so I reach for the column shifter ALL the time. AND the door handle is up higher, so I have to turn on the interior lights to find it. Also find myself over revving it cause I am use to the V8, I have NEVER owned anything without a V8. Last night I went to Lowe's to get some materials and forgot I did not have my truck so I had to figure out what to do.

I HATE THIS CAR!!!! I am stuck with it till Monday!!!!

thats nothing..when i got rearended when i had my honda civic i had to use my sister's 1991 faurd taurus wagon, this thing felt like a boat, even though the seats where more comfortable than my leather couch at home the car(wagon) was the worst to drive, had a slipping tranny the steering wheel had about an inch or 2 of play and if you had to downshift for any reason it felt like the tranny was slamming the ground, and after a week of driving that i rearended someone else busting the front bumper and then had to give my sisters car(wagon) back to hear with a banged up front end.

let me tell you showing up to a party in a wagon really is a crowd winner.....
1A_640.jpg

yeah i miss the roomy front drivers seat in the explorer when i have to take the prius :( , and i am cramped into the tiny front seat. although the gas mileage kinda makes up for it i guess.

The only thing I miss when driving our 2010 Milan is it doesn't have a memory seat like my Explorer does. My girl is 5'2" and I'm 5'11", so I feel like a giant when sitting down before moving the seat back. Otherwise, I actually like the smooth quiet ride of the Milan vs the Explorer and the gas mileage....well it does A LOT better:D

Limited02 said:
The only thing I miss when driving our 2010 Milan is it doesn't have a memory seat like my Explorer does. My girl is 5'2" and I'm 5'11", so I feel like a giant when sitting down before moving the seat back. Otherwise, I actually like the smooth quiet ride of the Milan vs the Explorer and the gas mileage....well it does A LOT better:D

I hated when I'd drive ANY car after my ex-wife... She was 5'0" and I'm 6'7"...

Whenever my explorer broke I "had" to drive my dads pontiac G8 GT. going from the 4.0 with 210 to the 6.0 with 400 is a lot of fun!!

I have driven nothing but Rangers for over ten years now. When I was dating my wife, she drove a Contour, then a Civic, and now a Ford Edge. I, too, hate driving cars, and it amazes me how "great and tall" even a small pickup seems after driving a car. Some, though, are worse than others. For instance, I rented a Mazda 6 last week when on vacation, and I loved it. Prior to that, my dad's girlfriend let me drive her Ford Fusion for a couple days, which was also very nice. This week, I had to take the Edge in for service, and the Ford dealership had no loaners, so they rented us a 2011 Toyota Camry. I was very disappointed in the ride because it felt just as bad as my mom's 2003Taurus. It felt as though I were driving a go-cart. In addition, I felt that it was under-powered, and I didn't like the placement of the wiper switch on the right hand side of the steering wheel. Last, I did not like that when the regular lights were on that a bulb illuminated on the dash. When I first received the vehicle in the afternoon, I had only my parking lights on because when I saw the dash light on, I thought it was for my brights. So glad when the Ford dealer called today and said the Edge was ready for pickup.

I recently had an '11 Fiesta as a rental. I liked the car but I felt like Fred Flintstone.

the only difference between my 94' ex and my grand am is, headroom and blind spots,
im 6'2 and my head rubs the roof in the car, and my ex is easier to see out of.

just got her back as it started to snow!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I hated when I'd drive ANY car after my ex-wife... She was 5'0" and I'm 6'7"...

Whoa. I had to move my girls moms car once because it was pouring rain so I was the nice guy and offered to go get the car from the parking lot and pick up the girl, her mom, and grandmother from the front of the grocery store. Didn't move the seat Felt like a giant being 6'1ish compared to her moms 5'0. so i kinda feel ya there. funny thing was her mom offered to let me drive back to their house and I couldn't wait to get out of the thing so she could drive

Back