• Register Today It's free!

help wanted coil pack

gavin2583

Reaction score
City, State
southampton
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer
hi all im a new ford explorer owner i have a 1998 explorer im afraid to say it let me down today im desprate to find a coil pack asap but cant for love or money if any one could help i would be very greatful im based in southampton but willing to travel if i can get one tomorrow (sunday) so i can back to driving this amazing machine

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome! There are a few on Ebay but they're pricey

i looked on there but couldnt find any need one asap other wise its on the bus for work ha ha

thanks mate i think i will order that one tomorrow i will use it as a back up plan someone is meant to be getting back to me in the morning the truck has been good as gold till today love driving it

sorry but I'll ask an obvious question - how do you know it is a fauly coil pack?

On the Explorer there are a couple of cheap and more comon faults that make it look like a faulty coil pack

Jim

I will second what Jim said above but if you are sure it is a coil pack then have you tried Chris Quelch as he is local to you (Fareham) and breaks Explorers.

SS

wiggle the crankshaft position sensor connector?

wiggle the crankshaft position sensor connector?
+1
If you had no other running problems as kev says wiggle or un plug and reconnect a few times. Mine does this sometimes, usually fire up on the button but occasionally it just turns over without a hint of catching. This is when i get my head under the front bumper and wiggle. It is located at the bottom front of the engine just to the drivers side of the crank pulley. Being located here means it gets sprayed with road crap!!

Back