• Register Today It's free!

MFT Text Messages Signature

wcharon

Reaction score
City, State
Puerto Rico
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Limited 2011
I have noticed that when i send a text message appears a signature saying sent from my ford.

Is there a way i can change it so make it personalize???

Thanks in advance...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can someone jump in or i am asking for something that is a standard funcionality...

I think you are finding that most of us do not have telephones that the MFT supports texting. I was not even aware that there was a line added.....

I hope someone has a solution for you...... "Someday", maybe the iPhone will be supported with texting! (I am really dreaming)

I think you are finding that most of us do not have telephones that the MFT supports texting. I was not even aware that there was a line added.....

I hope someone has a solution for you...... "Someday", maybe the iPhone will be supported with texting! (I am really dreaming)

Maybe if the iPhone becomes popular enough Ford will find away!:rolleyes: I could have posted this from my 4s if I wanted too....

I have noticed that when i send a text message appears a signature saying sent from my ford.

Thanks in advance...

Thanks in advance...

Hi, wcharon!

You cannot change the signature or remove it. Which phone do you have? It'll be useful for others to know in case they are in the market for a new phone and want a phone that texts.

Maybe if the iPhone becomes popular enough Ford will find away!:rolleyes: I could have posted this from my 4s if I wanted too....

Hey, drober30!

Perhaps if enough people talk to Apple about adding MAP to the iPhone, they might just do it :)

Rebecca

Hi, wcharon!

You cannot change the signature or remove it. Which phone do you have? It'll be useful for others to know in case they are in the market for a new phone and want a phone that texts.

Hey, drober30!

Perhaps if enough people talk to Apple about adding MAP to the iPhone, they might just do it :)

Rebecca

Rebecca, any idea if the new update will enable support for more phones? I understand that the phone must support the MAP profile, but mine does (DROID X), and yet it doesn't work.

To anyone here....its not a problem from ford. Its the software running on your phone. I am an android programmer. If the Bluetooth map profile isn't included in the software...it won't work...period.

Rebecca, any idea if the new update will enable support for more phones? I understand that the phone must support the MAP profile, but mine does (DROID X), and yet it doesn't work.

I have a Droid X with Verizon and it works fine.
Android version 2.3.3

I know it has already been posted elsewhere but texting from an iPhone works somewhat for the iPhone 4S. It really is just using Siri's texting features but if you hold the home button with a paired iPhone 4S, you can text and give Siri commands using the Explorer's mic (and hear responses from Siri through the Explorer's speakers).

I have a Droid X with Verizon and it works fine.
Android version 2.3.3

Yeah, that's what's crazy. Some people's Droid X's work, and others don't. I IM'd Rebecca about it and she was surprised that some people got the X to work as she wasn't able to either. My version number is the same. I played around with it a ton to try and figure out why some work and others do not and haven't figured it out yet.

In fact, it works in a limited fashion for me. Basically, it won't send messages, it will download them from my phone if I do it manually, but it will not notify me of a new message unless the message was received prior to turning on the Explorer but not opened. Weird huh?

To anyone here....its not a problem from ford. Its the software running on your phone. I am an android programmer. If the Bluetooth map profile isn't included in the software...it won't work...period.

I always wondered if that could be added by a third party application. Do you know? I.e. Could a programmer write a program to implement MAP and sell it on the Android Store? Or is that something that would require ROOT or require a rewrite of the phone software?

I always wondered if that could be added by a third party application. Do you know? I.e. Could a programmer write a program to implement MAP and sell it on the Android Store? Or is that something that would require ROOT or require a rewrite of the phone software?

Yes it would require root, and a custom rom/software.

I have Galaxy S2 with Andriod 2.3.3.

Yes it would require root, and a custom rom/software.

Since your in the programming business could you perhaps offer an opinion as to why Apple chose to leave out the Message Access Protocol in the Bluetooth stack?

I still don't understand the downside for Apple.

Yeah, that's what's crazy. Some people's Droid X's work, and others don't. I IM'd Rebecca about it and she was surprised that some people got the X to work as she wasn't able to either. My version number is the same. I played around with it a ton to try and figure out why some work and others do not and haven't figured it out yet.

In fact, it works in a limited fashion for me. Basically, it won't send messages, it will download them from my phone if I do it manually, but it will not notify me of a new message unless the message was received prior to turning on the Explorer but not opened. Weird huh?

I have a Droid Bionic and have only been able to get the texting to work twice. If I do a master reset on MFT and remove SYNC from my phone, then repair the phone, text alerts and text sending will work on my 1st text message or two, then nothing. I've done this twice, but I really don't have the patience to do this everyday. The frustrating part is knowing that some people with the exact same phone and software version as you have no problem with every text feature working through MFT, while others can't get it to work at all. I have android version 2.3.4. I'm not ready to abandon ship with my new car, but I can totally understand people wanting to do so...especially people that aren't tech savvy enough to diagnose problems.

I have a Droid Bionic and have only been able to get the texting to work twice. If I do a master reset on MFT and remove SYNC from my phone, then repair the phone, text alerts and text sending will work on my 1st text message or two, then nothing. I've done this twice, but I really don't have the patience to do this everyday. The frustrating part is knowing that some people with the exact same phone and software version as you have no problem with every text feature working through MFT, while others can't get it to work at all. I have android version 2.3.4. I'm not ready to abandon ship with my new car, but I can totally understand people wanting to do so...especially people that aren't tech savvy enough to diagnose problems.

Agree completely. Same phone, same MFT, should be the same result - but its not!

I keep trying to look for that one minor difference to make it work, but so far - fruitless. Maybe the update will help.

Since your in the programming business could you perhaps offer an opinion as to why Apple chose to leave out the Message Access Protocol in the Bluetooth stack?

I still don't understand the downside for Apple.

I imagine it's a feature used by very few, but would require significant development and maintenance. There are many caveats to Apple's "Messages", as they are not just SMS. They would need to develop for different possible situations, iMessages, pictures, contacts, etc are all able to be sent through "Messages", they would have to make sure that each type of message is handled appropriately. How many people actually use MAP protocol?

What would be a better step would be for Ford to finally get the developer API/SDK released to the public so that we can create apps to interface with things like the email, etc. There are a lot of hungry developers that are itching for a chance to step into a new market. Ford promised an SDK in 2010 and we still haven't seen anything about it.

I have Galaxy S2 with Andriod 2.3.3.

Galaxy s 2 with stock Gingerbread will work fine with the system in regard to reading messages.

What I do find weird is that using stock or a custom ROM, the signal level shown on the MFT screen never changes. However, if I use a MIUI ROM, which uses a non samsung kernel, the signal level works perfectly, but the text message feature is broken.

I imagine it's a feature used by very few, but would require significant development and maintenance. There are many caveats to Apple's "Messages", as they are not just SMS. They would need to develop for different possible situations, iMessages, pictures, contacts, etc are all able to be sent through "Messages", they would have to make sure that each type of message is handled appropriately. How many people actually use MAP protocol?

What would be a better step would be for Ford to finally get the developer API/SDK released to the public so that we can create apps to interface with things like the email, etc. There are a lot of hungry developers that are itching for a chance to step into a new market. Ford promised an SDK in 2010 and we still haven't seen anything about it.

Thank you, now I actually get it......that makes sense.

I thought MAP was something that was agreed to by all manufacturers of mobile devices as the standard and Apple wasn't complying for their own reasons.

Kind of like a standard that was agreed to and adopted by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) and Apple just didn't want to play nice in the sandbox.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thank you, now I actually get it......that makes sense.

I thought MAP was something that was agreed to by all manufacturers of mobile devices as the standard and Apple wasn't complying for their own reasons.

Kind of like a standard that was agreed to and adopted by the Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) and Apple just didn't want to play nice in the sandbox.

A protocol is just a standard for communication between two (or more) devices. You can compare it to languages to humans. If I speak english and you speak english we can talk. Manufacturers may choose which standardized protocols they want to support in the bluetooth stack, depending on which features they want to support and maintain on the device (kind of like I can choose to learn spanish if I need to be able to communicate to people in latin countries). They may also create their own custom protocols (like Apple has done for peer to peer games/apps).

I'd imagine MAP is low on the priority list of supported protocols because of the lack of devices that utilize it. If all the new cars are coming out with radios that will allow you to interact with texts then Apple may be forced to move that up on their feature list, as of now, there are very few of us that can actually use it.

Back