had 4wd flashing lights? what fixed it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

had 4wd flashing lights? what fixed it?

Jeepeater

Reaction score
City, State
niagara falls, ont
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 explorer 4dr SOHC
Ive spent days on here reading threads about flashing 4wd flashing lights, most of them are incomplete, theres questions and no anwsers. the rest say to check the fluid and sensors.

So, if you've personnaly had 4wd flashing lights on your truck please post what it was doing (4wd lights flashing, check engine light, ran funny..etc) and what you did to repair it, thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1. Disconnect battery for a while.
or
2. Clean/check/replace sensors.
or
3. Back up a little ways.
Sorry that is all I know to try. Maybe someone can pull the code(s) if there is such a thing, I don't know my old scanner won't.

1. Disconnect battery for a while.
or
2. Clean/check/replace sensors.
or
3. Back up a little ways.
Sorry that is all I know to try. Maybe someone can pull the code(s) if there is such a thing, I don't know my old scanner won't.

I do have the flashing lights, i will post when i get to the bottom of it, just havnt had time lately but backing up a little bit? lol thats a new one to me

A new worm gear freshly torqued on the back of the transmission and speedometer gear... If your speedometer is "jumpy".... and the 4WD is clunky... this is probably the problem.

i knew someone with an f150 flashing lights and the gem was replaced and all was fine.

i have flashing lights and grinding in my front differential. I haven't tried anything other than fuse #26 as posted elsewhere, but that did nothing. I have read that it could be loose connections either in your shift motor, or in the switch itself, but i have not had time to verify if that is correct

Back