SMORR - new trails? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SMORR - new trails?

azaizai

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 Explorer XLT
Thinking about my goals for the new-to-me explorer and I was curious if SMORR had cut some new level 1-2 trails yet.

I remember from our visit last year that the so-called level 1's were giving everyone trouble and I doubt a lightly modified explorer (TT, shackles and 31's) would make it without some help or a winch.

Any news from you springfield folk?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have been wanting to go to SMORR-- maybe this fall?

There actually cutting new trails as we speak. They are asking for volunteers to help out, and in return they are giving back a full weekend pass for each day you lend a hand. Go to smorr.net and check it out.

For them to ask for help, means they are doing a lot of work, as they already have a small army of help as it is. They understand that the easier trails have been rutted out, or chewed up, and turned into harder trails over time, and are doing what they can to make more for everybody's enjoyment.

I do think they need to make some kind of rules out there to save the easier trails from being destroyed by the bigger rigs. But how to go about that without turning down revenue or policing the trails is another problem. :dunno:

If I was closer I'd be helping out. It cost me $70.00 Just to get in the door. Not counting the gas to get there and back home.

Still it's a great place to play! And I've seen a few explorers wheel there that I didn't think could. Says alot about the explorer to go the places I seen them go.:thumbsup:

So load up and make a meet, we all have to make it home so we try not to brake anyones rig. And theres always some kindof help there also.Preety friendly folks running the show.

Thats awesome news, from what I read the old easy trails were pretty manageable with 31's and a locker or even limited slip and some driving ability.

I'd volunteer if I were a little closer...then again...we could always camp and help. Something to think about!
Thanks for the info

Just go, There is still some you can do, but just meeting up with everyone is worth it,

Back