aux lights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aux lights

^ Whatever you do DONT stick HID's in a halogen housing, you will blind everyone else on the road because the light will scatter really badly. Because of this, visibility won't be very good either.

For halogen housings, get high efficiency bulbs if you need more light...otherwise get housings designed for HID's. The bulbs have different dimensions and require different optics.

Personally I think the lights look OK.

oh i know. i learned that lesson the hard way with my camaro. that is completely 100 % true!!!

i need to wire the lights up still and see how it does. ill post pics them. will see how the lights look. i have been trying to find a set of KC daylighters (i perfer these because my name is Casey. :p: ) piaa or procomps. my search has come up dry.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

update. I bought some hella's.
I like them alot. I just installed them. night time pics will come...when night thime comes..
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004-1.jpg

Looks a lot better. :thumbsup:

no they are white. i need to aim them. but other than that i am much happier with the light and looks of it.

oh no. this was the last set they had that i could purchase

Awesome install Chezoom, exactly what i´m looking for. How did you install them? Do you have any detailed pics about the install? Thanks in advance!!

they sell a little bull bar on ebay for about 120.00 with free shipping. maybe you could get one of those and just mount them to it. they dont look bad, but they seem like they could get knocked off a little too easily where they are now. or if your state doesnt require a front license plate, you could just remove the plate and install them in between the tow hooks.

Thanks for your reply, I will figure it out

Can't go wrong with the hella's. Definately get more than you pay for. And for being a plastic housing they're pretty tough. Took a lot of thick brush while tryin to get my buddy's chev unstuck to break one of mine off. Keep in mind i was watching the treetops for trees too big to hit. Little quicksteel got the trail lit up again;)

I bolted those on to the grill, they are still there but the truck dont move often. As for the hella's, they are alright, My F150 has 2 KC daylighters and there in NO comparison.

Back