Huh? After 8 months? ..... Droid X text msgs works! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Huh? After 8 months? ..... Droid X text msgs works!

jrmexplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
All of a sudden I'm driving home and I feel the vibration of a text message notification coming from the Droid X in my pocket. Not out of the ordinary for sure. BUT,

A couple seconds later I hear "bing" and the MFT text message notification!

All of a sudden it's working as it should. I gave up about 2 months ago after about 6 months of fiddling with it to get it to work. I had resigned myself to seeing if the new update fixed it. And now it magically works.

It still reads me the wrong text when I select it on the right instrument cluster, but will read the right text when selected through the phone interface on the main screen. It even has the person's name who sent it!

I'm happy, but a little confused?!?

Maybe it's because I became an elite explorer here the day before? Do the mods have some sort of magical powers?

My Droid Bionic has worked a few times. It worked Saturday night for the 1st time in weeks. Usually I had to do a master MFT reset, then repair the phone for it to work. Would work for a couple of texts while the car was still on, only to not work the next time I got in the car. Very frustrating.

Not trying to jinx you, but I'd be surprised if it keeps working for you :/

.......Maybe it's because I became an elite explorer here the day before? Do the mods have some sort of magical powers?

:smoke:

:shifty_ey

My Droid Bionic has worked a few times. It worked Saturday night for the 1st time in weeks. Usually I had to do a master MFT reset, then repair the phone for it to work. Would work for a couple of texts while the car was still on, only to not work the next time I got in the car. Very frustrating.

Not trying to jinx you, but I'd be surprised if it keeps working for you :/

I know right? I feel like the thing is very fragile and even the slightest change to MFT or to my phone is going to make it stop working. I have gotten it to work a few times now, so I know it wasn't just a one off thing, but its very strange indeed.

Back