Ford Extended Service Plans (ESP) | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Extended Services Plan help

Hey everyone!,

Long time lurker, first time poster here. I got a question about extended service plans. I have seen several threads about the plans and saw Zeigler was the best however Florida is the only state they will not sell services to because of car insurance laws or something like along those lines.

My question is does any one know of any dealers in Florida that have good deals? My current dealer wants to charge me 3K for a 7year 100K premium service plan.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is a much better deal out there. Zeigler Ford charged me 1100 for 7 yr 100k miles with 200 deductible. Buy on line in a few minutes.

Where on zeiglers site is the link to buy online? I looked before and could not find it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for the replies but maybe I did not explain my original post clearly enough. I have already contacted Zeigler personaly and they do not sell plans to anyone that lives in the state of Florida which is where I live.

If you go to there site http://www.zeiglerfordesp.com and fill out the form and you go under the "State" box you will see Florida is not there as an option.

So now back to my question, does anyone know any Ford dealers in Florida that
offer good rates on ESP?

There is a post on here somewhere, I wish you luck finding it, where a person found a different dealer that was close in price to what Zeigler was selling. They chose this other dealership because they felt the customer service was better, or something along those lines.

Maybe if you did a search with Zeigler as the search term, you might be able to find it. That is about all the advice I can give. Happy hunting :)

what is covered under a premium plan? Is it the same as factory bumper to bumper?

On zeiglers site, I found this, not sure if it helps the OP......

"Florida dealers only: In Florida, Ford ESP on Ford, Lincoln & Mercury vehicles is a service contract from Ford Motor Company. Our Florida license number is 60018. In Florida, Ford ESP on competitive-make vehicles is a service contract from The American Road Insurance Company, Dearborn, MI 48126. Certificate of Authority #09079."

TARIC is a subsidiary Ford Motor Credit, just FYI.

Just a suggestion, but get a mailing address outside Florida, and use that as the online address. The Zeigler agreement will then be under that state's laws (rather than Florida's).

Did anyone receive any type of paperwork with their warranty that outlines what is covered, what you paid, etc...? I bought mine from the dealer since they agreed to match zeigler's price. I also tried checking on ford.owners and it doesn't show up there either :/

I just had our dealer match Zieglers price on our Escape's 7/100k. Ziegler is local, so they weren't going to say no. :)

Just a suggestion, but get a mailing address outside Florida, and use that as the online address. The Zeigler agreement will then be under that state's laws (rather than Florida's).

I just may have to do this. Thanks for all the advice everyone!!!:D
Once my truck arrives I will update!

Did anyone receive any type of paperwork with their warranty that outlines what is covered, what you paid, etc...? I bought mine from the dealer since they agreed to match zeigler's price. I also tried checking on ford.owners and it doesn't show up there either :/

I got a copy of the contract and a pamphlet showing what was covered. The extended warranty does not show up on fordowner.com, but it does show up on the service sheet when I take it in for service.

Can anyone confirm that Ford's ESP 5/65K is the exactly the same as Ziegler's whichever plan?

+ 1. :thumbsup:

I got a copy of the contract and a pamphlet showing what was covered. The extended warranty does not show up on fordowner.com, but it does show up on the service sheet when I take it in for service.

Thanks. Just seemed very unprofessional to not get any paperwork. I guess my only option is calling a dealer and having them look it up :/ I asked my salesman about it and he said there was nothing he could give me. Lame!

Is Ford's Extended Warranty Plan worth it?

Does anyone have experience with Ford's extended warranty plan (PremiumCare)? My only problems so far have been with MFT but since it is a first model year car, I am considering getting the extended warranty plan but would like to know other people's experience with the Ford plan. Any issues getting warranty service? Any suggestions as to what flavor to purchase? Is MFT covered under any of the plans?

Also, I am a little wary about buying online from Zeigler. Has anyone bought one of their plans and had any trouble at their local (non-Zeigler) dealer?

Thanks and sorry if this has been posted before.

It would be covered as "technology" which is the level I'd get. I wouldn't want to buy a new AIPM... I asked that for the Explorer owners when I was in there last time...

Ziegler is local to me, and we don't have any issues with them as far as service. Not sure on the coverage outside of here, but it should be the same. It's not a third party warranty so it should be ok...

We have PremiumCare on our new Escape. I actually got it for less than Ziegler at my local dealer, Borgman Ford.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best one out there! I had the premium care on my f-350 that was lifted and never had an issue with the ford ESP. I used the ESP many times from head gaskets front end tear down ball joints to wheel bearings. If you plan on keeping the vehicle for a long time get it. Mine paid for itself many times!

Back