• Register Today It's free!

what to do...

Dweeberman

Reaction score
City, State
Citrus Heights, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer Sport
Hi all! I'm stuck lol...I have the money to do 2 of the 3 mods I want and would like someones opinion. I am doing a tt/shackles lift in my 03 sport but now comes the otger 2 options. Body lift or sound system? I have p265/70 r16 tires in and have 33x12.5 toyo m/t on my blazer which i want to take off (brand new) and put in the explorer after buying some cragar soft 8s. Or do I go with the stereo and subs (already have amp). Now with the body lift, I will be out a vehicle as I work on it but don't really have a place to work on it either. So again go with a stereo and a tt/shackles or a BL and tt/shackles with 33s already...let me know your opinions please. I love music but I am used to drivi g a 89 k5 blazer 4x4 lifted 4inches and new tires. Thanks for your inputs (if any) lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A personal decision if I've ever seen one! How can someone else know what you "really need" or "really want":dunno:

If it were me, I would do all of the offroad mods at one time.

x2 I would do the offroad stuff all at once.

Stereo can hold off and you can save up for bigger and better stuff that wont blow up down the road.

i dont think you can fit 33s without the body lift...

i dont think you can fit 33s without the body lift...

Yes I know this, I would either sell the tires if I don't put the dont put the bl on or keep the tires if I put the lift on. I just have to do one or the other. Lol

Thank you all thus far...I knows it complicated as all hell... :)

Doesn't seem complicated to me. If your tunes can go louder than the engine and tires, it's adequate IMO. It also seems like the body lift would be cheaper since you already have the tires. A few hundred dollars that could be spent on a body lift won't go very far for stereo equipment.

Doesn't seem complicated to me. If your tunes can go louder than the engine and tires, it's adequate IMO. It also seems like the body lift would be cheaper since you already have the tires. A few hundred dollars that could be spent on a body lift won't go very far for stereo equipment.

Would you know if I have to get spacers if I bought the cragar 8s In Order to fit 33x12.5x15r

I wouldn't. Somebody does, though. Or you can go through the search.

http://shop.adapterkings.com/main.sc Here is were I ordered mine from for my SAS project. Ordered them hub and wheel centric and they came out great! Just a side note though if I was not changing lug pattern on the rear I would have ordered new rims they were a lot of money to order and then extra for the hub and wheel centric. Good luck.

Oh and on the stereo I have a huge system in my Explorer and love it, but like some others have said do the off-road mods all at one time drive it around and then fix or add stuff to it to make it work and ride the way you want. This will take more money then the stereo and like most of us you will get a mod "BUG" and can't stop, all the sudden you have a SAS, shocks through the floor in the back and you are taking out that really cool stereo for better off-road performance.... HAHA not that I know anything about this...

If you do whats necessary for 33's then you'll be offroad more often. And listening to loud music while wheeling may prevent you from hearing a rock puncture your gas tank. and if you don't hear it, you'll keep driving to the campsite. There, your truck will blow up from leaking gas that was ignited by the campfire. Don't blow up your truck dude.

If you do whats necessary for 33's then you'll be offroad more often. And listening to loud music while wheeling may prevent you from hearing a rock puncture your gas tank. and if you don't hear it, you'll keep driving to the campsite. There, your truck will blow up from leaking gas that was ignited by the campfire. Don't blow up your truck dude.

Wow i know this is a late reply, but LMAO! Yea i have my lift equipment (3in BL; TT/Shackles & 33x10.5x15's) now its just about finding the right time to install it all. Seems like every weekend has something going on or my helper is busy. I did get speakers as well...but those came out of a unexpected check that i got :) either way i only blast music in the city so i can piss everyone off and then as soon as i get towrads the mountains...it gets turned off....i love the quiteness/relaxation of being away. So far i have not blown up yet but i do have a tire that is low on air... :)

Back