Who lives in Illinois? | Page 38 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Who lives in Illinois?

I'd love to hit the pipeline soon too but not until I get a body lift on my truck. I'm saving up some money to get one soon hopefully but we'll see what happens. My buddy said that I could make my own body lift. True or false?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking new or used?

used $1500-2000

I'd love to hit the pipeline soon too but not until I get a body lift on my truck. I'm saving up some money to get one soon hopefully but we'll see what happens. My buddy said that I could make my own body lift. True or false?

True, but for $100, its worth it just to buy it. I wouldnt use hockey pucks, i hear they detoriate over time. By body lift came with fiberglass blocks and they've been in there for 5 years now i think.

True, but for $100, its worth it just to buy it. I wouldnt use hockey pucks, i hear they detoriate over time. By body lift came with fiberglass blocks and they've been in there for 5 years now i think.[/QUOTE]

Well I've been doing some research and i think i've come to a conclusion. I want to do a 2" body lift on my truck and i need 10 body lift blocks at $3.00 a piece. My buddy can make me bumper brackets and top radiator brackets. But my only concern and question to this whole this is the bottom of the radiator. On the radiator there is like an arm that sticks out and sits on those rubber blocks on the bottom. Now according to that guys write up of the PA 883 body lift there is some sort of extender for the bottom radiator brackets. Is there any other set up/way to mount up the bottom of the radiator to adjust to the body lift? Once i figure this out then i'll do a write up on how i did it with pics and what not.

So please can anyone help me out?

i did a 2" BL, and i never moved the radiator. Just the shroud. As long as i don't try and run the a/c while i'm wheeling, i dont have cooling issues.

Why can't you run the a/c while you're off roading?

And yeah i meant to say the fan shroud, i got mixed up sorry. But how did you secure the bottom brackets of the fan shroud? Idk if mine are different on my truck from yours. Could you possibly post up a pic or two of each side of the bottom brackets of your fan shroud? That would solve all my problems and i could start this body lift

There is just too much idling and slow movement when going through trails with a group of people. I guess there was just not enough airflow past the radiator to keep up with the extra demand of the a/c. a/c worked when driving down the street without overheating. Not really a concern anymore since i took out the a/c system. i'll try and get some pics later for you.

Awesome dude thanks. Looking forward to seeing the pics soon

Ooo never noticed this thread before. I'm from just outside Chicago too, and it would be cool to have an Explorer meet or something. Don't have a highly modded truck, but its still an Explorer.

Well looks like we'll have to do something soon considering there is a whole lot of mud out there right now just waiting for some trucks to go flying through it. A buddy of mine told me that he knows a guy that goes mudding west of me not to far. Hopefully he'll let me know where it is exactly tonight or by the weekend so i can go check it out. But i wanna visit the cliffs soon right after i figure out this body lift thing lol

I'm in Illinois, but I'm trying to get out.

I see someone everyday on my way to work and on the way home driving a blue lifted 2nd gen with a safari bar and explorerforum4x4 stickers on the back windows.

I was back in Illinois in August. I spent most of the time with a friend in Mundelein and Lakemoor. I also had to take a quick trip through my hometown of Northbrook to see how it's changed.

It was great to be back in Illinois while the weather was so nice! I also went up to Union Grove, WI to watch the races one night. Perfect trip down memory lane :D

Hi all, I,m out in Yorkville now and I am going to be looking at my 3rd clutch slave in 4 years. Anyone know where I can get the "New and Improved" one at a decent price?
I tried Perfection slave and it lasted 6 months. I guess Luk makes it for Ford,
Part # F87Z-7A508-AA. Or does Ford have their own???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back