Power to radio and windows when ignition turned off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Power to radio and windows when ignition turned off

munkey987

Reaction score
City, State
Alpena,mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
I have a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer, this just happened tonight, for some reason when i turn the ignition off and open the door there is still power going to the radio and windows and the key is out. and also my alarm fob will not work and cannot unlock the door from inside on the panel, anyone have any ideas what this is? thanks :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have a 2002 Mercury Mountaineer, this just happened tonight, for some reason when i turn the ignition off and open the door there is still power going to the radio and windows and the key is out. and also my alarm fob will not work and cannot unlock the door from inside on the panel, anyone have any ideas what this is? thanks :)
>>>>>>>>>>

Just a guess here, but I'm thinking it could be your "door ajar switch" for your drivers side door. When you open the door after shutting the engine off, the switch breaks the connection to the window and radio power. I don't know if these EX's have a "push button style" door jam switch. I would look to find it in the door jam area. Someone else can probably give you a better idea where it is or what is causing your problem. I'm going to see if I can find a photo of one since I am curious to where this is located, in case I ever need to access it myself. I'll post up the link if I can find one.

I read somewhere of another member serviceexplorer i think his name was or something close, he had similar problem to mine with the locks not working and key fob not working and power staying off after ignition off and was something to do with the central system module for the anti theft.....

it is just strange this happened lol

Back