JBA Headers, 4.0L, New | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

JBA Headers, 4.0L, New

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Sale: JBA Headers, 4.0L, New

JBA stainless steel headers for an OHV 4.0L, Jet-Hot ceramic coated.

I bought and coated these before I decided to swap in a 5.0L.

Yes, I have way too much money in them... :(

Asking $500. I'll ship them to you.

Attachments

• Headers.JPG
    Headers.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 2,644

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Wow those look nice!
So, Im guessing they will not bolt up to the stock pipe?
What about egr? Im thinking I want to retain mine to help lower combustion chamber temps.
Have to admit, these caught my attention. Bit of a hefty price, and shipping to Canada would be expensive.....

Sound like I'm working hard at talking myself out of these? You bet.

Yes, they bolt up to the stock exhaust pipe, and they are emissions legal in 50 states (and I assume Canada.)

At work, we ship to Canada every day via FedEx, so shipping should not be a problem.

OH those look amazing..
i understand the price, as u coated them...

but damn i wish they were cheaper lol

Your not going to make it easy for me to say no, are you?
Im definately interested, but I think its going to take me a month to get the cash. Taking the family to orlando on the 24th. cheap flights, or not....taking 5 people isnt cheap. I have a tear in my beer right now.

Here comes my confusion....
Why would jba have a different part number for the headers on 98-00 ohv's?
http://www.jbaheaders.com/feature_pages/04rangernew.asp

The only thing I think would be different is that the heat risers would have to come off. If egr, and oxygen sensor holes (one on each side) are there, it should all be good.

Thoughts anyone?

I'm going to have to give these a miss, just because I'm concerned that I will end up with fitment issues on my 2000.
This is a great price for these headers, I'd encourage anyone to look around and prove it to themselves first.

damn, I like these...If only I didn't already have the borla setup on already....

Hey Scott, how does the EGR hook up to the driver's side header? It might be me but from here that looks nothing like how the stock EGR tube (from my '96) looks.

or.... is this even an EGR'ed setup?

Here comes my confusion....
Why would jba have a different part number for the headers on 98-00 ohv's?
http://www.jbaheaders.com/feature_pages/04rangernew.asp

The only thing I think would be different is that the heat risers would have to come off. If egr, and oxygen sensor holes (one on each side) are there, it should all be good.

Thoughts anyone?

The heads are different for the 91-94's compared to the 95-97 and 98-00's. There are different designations for them, such as 90TM, 93TM, 95TM, 98TM, etc. The big differences that affect headers are the exhaust port size and shape.

These look to have the EGR fitting for 94's, but they still wouldn't work for a '95-97 unless it had a retrofit engine or 90/93TM heads.

Hey Scott, how does the EGR hook up to the driver's side header? It might be me but from here that looks nothing like how the stock EGR tube (from my '96) looks.

or.... is this even an EGR'ed setup?

It is a EGR setup. I'll have to get a picture of the EGR setup on my '93. I have not a '96, so I can't comment as to the differences.

I had the exact same attachment on my headers when I got themand I believe these headers will work on all ohv engines and the egr bung I just grinded off and was told that if I had egr that I would have to have a machine shop drill the hole out and do the needed welding on it

Bump

Are the headers still for sale?

Yes they are.

dang, wish these were for the SOHC!

Bump.

Sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back