• Register Today It's free!

P0153 - Happy Find

NGTD

Reaction score
City, State
North Bay, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
I had the CEL come on and I reset it a couple of times. Borrowed a code reader from work and checked it and I had P0153 come up O2 Sensor Bank 2 position 1. So I did the research and found out driver's side upstream sensor.

I priced it out and it was going to be around $60 either locally or with shipping, but I hadn't ordered it yet.

Last night I decided to get under the truck and recon the job and just confirm how difficult it might be.

When I had a good look, I realised after 13 years on the road (in the salt-infested north) the O2 Sensor had managed to come loose! Put some high-temp thread lube on it, tightened it up, cleared the code and took it for a drive.

Still going this morning and no CEL!

So next time check carefully - before you order parts!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice, good detective work. happened with my firebird too. never hurts to jiggle some stuff around and get your hands a little dirty

Well - only worked for a while. CEL back on and same code. I guess I am buying an O2 sensor.

You aren't the only one haha. Firebird's still needs to be replaced, I just haven't done it because the car sees like maybe 2k miles a year...X is highest priority

Let us know how it goes...I have been getting CELs for a few weeks now, always seems to be a different O2 sensor, so for now I am running StarTron and also PURE gasoline (no ethanol). Since using the StarTron, the codes have not came back, but it really has not been long enough to be conclusive.

you can get that sensor cheap on amazon .yes they sell car parts too.

Yup - there is an Amazon.ca, but they don't offer car parts and Amazon.com will not ship to Canadian addresses.

If its something small like an 02 sensor, ever think of sending it to one of us here in the states, then we could send to you? lol. Probably take heck of a lot longer and end up costing more, but it seems like an option

One of the guys I work with is a dual citizen (US/Canada) and he is heading for Florida next week. I am sending it down to him and he is going to bring it back for me!

that works! :) I still think it's crazy that regular doesn't ship to Canada

Back