• Register Today It's free!

Husky vs Weathertech Liners

neocvera

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I fear this may have been brought up and covered by now but besides the group buy thread I have not really seen any other threads comparing the two or really talking up the points on both liners.

Although I see the value in the Husky group buy deal, I can't help but gravitate towards the weathertech liners simply because I can see images of the liners in the actual vehicle (husky site does not provide images).

Anyone try both? Which ones fit better? Better quality?

Pictures would be awesome but insight is most appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have Husky's in my Escape. I like them- they're rigid, and haven't spilled anything over onto the carpet yet. They're both nice, I got this whole set for $90 shipped from streetsideauto.com

I would check this thread, it has Explorer pics: CLICK

One thing to watch out for- whatever you get make sure they cover the deadpedal, some do, Husky's do, not sure if the weathertech's do, or if they go as high up. The Husky's cover more real estate in the front row.

I have the Husky liners for the 1st/2nd row, and cargo area. 1st and 2nd fit perfectly, the cargo area one that I bought was 3rd row seats folded. The only issue I have with that is that the left and right side don't sit flat they sorta curl up, not much but just a little. I tried to weigh it down in the hopes that it would stay flat but it didn't matter.
I don't remember if Husky gives you some Velcro to keep it down but I never used them.

I'm glad that I bought them, I've ruined so many floor mats on previous cars.

Did it come rolled up? I know the cargo liner I got for my Explorer was rolled up, and I had to let it sit in the hot summer sun in order to get it to lay flat after about 2 months.

Ill take pictures of how mine are holding up after all this time this weekend and post them. The rear liner needs to lay flat in the sun with something heavy on all 4 corners for a good hour to break the rolled up mold.

Ive had suitcases, groceries and baby strollers back there and it still lays flat and looks like day 1.

Did it come rolled up? I know the cargo liner I got for my Explorer was rolled up, and I had to let it sit in the hot summer sun in order to get it to lay flat after about 2 months.

Yes, all rolled up. I'll have to do that this summer.

I bit the bullet yesterday on the huskies and used the group buy info. Tried cutting a deal for my wife's 2012 focus but no dice. Strictly an explorer deal. Now it's just the waiting game.

IMHO ....Both great products.

WeatherTech arguably a little better material and appearance, with slightly less coverage.

Husky has more carpet coverage in critical areas if carpet coverage is important, with a cheaper look.

Husky group buy is untouchable.

I bought all 3 rows of Husky and my carpets are pristine even in the back two rows with kids in and out everyday covered in soccer boot mud and snow.

Comes down to personal preference.

Back