• Register Today It's free!

Blackberry won't connect

davek4

Reaction score
City, State
Princeton, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
All of a sudden, after 6 months of usage, my Blackberry Tour 9630 won't connect to Sync.

However, I notice that any time I start the vehicle, MFT says "phone connecting" even if I leave my phone off or out of the vehicle. It used to be that after a few seconds of looking for the phone, the message would change to "connect phone" if no phone is present. But now the message seems stuck on "phone connecting" no matter how long I wait or how many times I start & stop the vehicle.
Is this another case of needing a "master reset"?

Thanks,
Dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would'nt do a master reset just yet. First try doing a fuse 29 pull. That way you do not lose everything. Sometimes I also find it helpful to turn off bluetooth on both the MFT and blackberry. Wait a few minutes, then turn them both back on and see if it reconnects.

Thanks. I'll try the fuse first!!!

Dave

I'd try deleting/adding the Blackberry again. IIRC, MFT/Sync couldn't recognize my iPhone once and I had to do that.

Also - make sure the BB is set to auto reconnect to the BT source. Mine had gotten turned off one day and I had to reconfigure the phone (not the car)

Search reverse pairing, it worked for my 9630 Tour. If it doesn't connect now, it's usually the phone.

Phone started working again on its own, after not working for a week??????????

Back