MFT Update - Jumpdrive | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update - Jumpdrive

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your vehicle must be running in order to do the upgrade whether you or your dealer does it. This is because Accessory Mode will put your vehicle into a power save mode and turn certain features off. Like Peter said, you'll be able to drive while performing the coming upgrade.

Thanks Rebecca. I guess I'll have to plan a trip once the update is available. Normally I don't drive more than 10-15 per trip. ROAD TRIP!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hey Rebecca,

Will the new software solve my problem with travel link weather map centering on Ft Wayne, Indiana instead of where I am in North Carolina?

If not, what action would you recommend?

Thanks

Seriously,

How many of you are going to run from the mailbox to the garage and install it ASAP? I'm going to stay on 2.11 for a month or two to see how it shakes out.

Oh, as a software guy, I'm betting April-May. :D

I will. I actually would love to be a beta tester.

Here's a thought. How about giving us all a further six months Sirius, travel link etc along with the update? I've hardly used them and when I try to eg find gas prices, it often doesn't work.

Here's a thought. How about giving us all a further six months Sirius, travel link etc along with the update? I've hardly used them and when I try to eg find gas prices, it often doesn't work.

My Sirius subscription ended and I lost the service for a few months. After unsuccessfully trying to sign up again with the 50% off offer (CSRs on the phone transferred me 2x then couldn't find my account), I gave up and figured I saved some money. Lo and behold, it started working again by itself (all Sirius services) last month. I don't really use it that much since I figured out my USB workaround to get Pandora and Stitcher to play, but I figured Ford threw us all a bone. I have a lot of hope for the update and am keeping my fingers crossed.

I had a similar experience. I had renewed my Sirius but not the travel link and about 2 weeks ago travel link system including traffic and weather mysteriously started working again. I thought the same thing about being thrown a bone for our troubles.

Hopefully I'll get a workable MFT screen by the time the update comes out! Dealership asked my wife to pop by to get serial info or something from the unit, spent 20 minutes trying to get it from a cracked screen that the one spot it wouldn't go was info, and booked her in for next week to take it apart to get the info.

I just recieved my Winter 2012 copy of "My Ford" magazine and on page 7 there is a story "MyFord Touch Performance Upgrade" saying all existing MyFord Touch owners will shortly recieve a USB drive with instructions to update the system yourself or take it to a dealer service facility at no cost for them to do the upgrade. Also those with Navigation will recieve a SD Card with updated and enhanced maps.
They also gave the web page ford.com/mftupdates for more info.

Back