pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

pictures of your 2011-12 black explorer w / upgrades

mbeck63

Reaction score
City, State
DuQuoin, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
Hey guys, I just recently bought a new 2011tuxedo black ford explorer xlt. I wanted to get some ideas on aftermarket stuff: rims, running boards, tint, etc. If you have some pics post them up please.
Thanks, Matt

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum mbeck63!

Be sure to check out the Modified 2011 + Ford Explorer Discussion forum, you will find a lot of stuff there. The search function also is great, and can be accessed from the toolbar near the top of the screen.

Happy driving.

Here is 30% tint on the front windows.......looks good with Tuxedo Black

photo.jpg

Most stuff

I'll post it next week when it all comes in, but I have a:

GPS with mount
TETRAX magnet mount for ipod holder
Security shade for back
($24.99 shipped here Awesome EBAY deal)
Cargo net for back
Weathertech floor mats

Considering:
Having the front grill painted matching black
Getting new wheels (in black)

I'll post it next week when it all comes in, but I have a:

GPS with mount
TETRAX magnet mount for ipod holder
Security shade for back
($24.99 shipped here Awesome EBAY deal)
Cargo net for back
Weathertech floor mats

Considering:
Having the front grill painted matching black
Getting new wheels (in black)

Where did you get your cargo net?

Nicely done/lightly murdered-out. I like how you left just the right amount of chrome and or bright trim accents. Tell us more about your wheels and wheel specs pls.

Crap. I need to add that THIS IS NOT THE NET THAT I PURCHASED... I got the "Envelope" Style net as seen here

Ok second disclaimer - for the cargo net that holds things to the floor (not the one I got) there are no 'good' hooks to attach this cargo net to on the explorer... If anything, it would across the back and maybe only 2' from the back to the front... I just went out and looked at my 2012 explorer and it doesn't look like it is meant to fit.

I would recommend only going for the envelope style unless you can figure out your own hooks for the floor version.

Is 30% the legal limit?

No not on front windows in CA, but enforcement is sporadic at best. I've used 35% tint on fronts for 10 years, no problem.

My Limited had some ugly chrome pillar molding added while the truck was on the lot. I hate them. The dealer removed the price of them from the deal but would not take them off for fear they may scratch / damage the pillar molding underneath. The chrome crap is stick-on with double-sided tape. Anyone know an easy way to get these off??

My cargo net was in the glove-box when I bought mine. I thought they came with it

Thanks for posting all the pics. Alot of nice rides on here! Keep posting!

For that cargo shade, the only larger pictures I find show it mounting behind the second row seats. We will be making a trip at the end of March and will need all three rows, with some stuff behind the third row. Does this also mount alright for just covering the cargo behind the third row?

Thanks!

For that cargo shade, the only larger pictures I find show it mounting behind the second row seats. We will be making a trip at the end of March and will need all three rows, with some stuff behind the third row. Does this also mount alright for just covering the cargo behind the third row?

Thanks!

I will post pictures when I get my ex back (It's currently at the dealership to fix streaky windows and check cracking noise behind dash)

The security shade mounts in a total of 8 places.
starting from the back:
*bungees hook to the little hooks on the back on each side (total of 2)
*2 hooks that hook between the window and plastic interior on each side (total of 4 hooks, both hooking at the same window)
*elastic band that wraps around the second row head rests (total of 2)

I imagine if you un-hooked the elastic bands from the second row head rests, you could use it with the third row of seats folded up... I'll try that out when I get it back too.

I will post pictures when I get my ex back (It's currently at the dealership to fix streaky windows and check cracking noise behind dash)

The security shade mounts in a total of 8 places.
starting from the back:
*bungees hook to the little hooks on the back on each side (total of 2)
*2 hooks that hook between the window and plastic interior on each side (total of 4 hooks, both hooking at the same window)
*elastic band that wraps around the second row head rests (total of 2)

I imagine if you un-hooked the elastic bands from the second row head rests, you could use it with the third row of seats folded up... I'll try that out when I get it back too.

Thank you very much for doing that!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My Limited had some ugly chrome pillar molding added while the truck was on the lot. I hate them. The dealer removed the price of them from the deal but would not the them off for fear they may scratch / damage the pillar moving underneath. The chrome crap is stick-on with double-sided tape. Anyone know an easy way to get these off??

My cargo net was in the glove-box when I bought mine. I thought they came with it

If you could post some pics, that would be a huge help :) Maybe we can come up with something for you.

Back