zukman

"Home of Misfit Crawlers"
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
arcadia calif.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91EB, '86Sami, '85Ranger
Is anyone planning on going?????????????????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm sure gonna try, hopefully I can find time to get the rig squared away.

It's the 50th annual Safari this year:eek: Hard to believe a club let alone a run has been around that long.

Hey, yup I'm going for sure. My cousin Ralph is coming from Florida towing his rig. We'll be getting there on Thursday. I also have a grandson staying with me. Are you and mrs. going? How about you Dave? Haven't seen you in a long time.
Tom

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

we are planning on going, might bring Mr Mud as Icarus is still under construction

I'm planning on it. Can't miss the 50th!

I registered in early jan and am #720. Gonna be a bunch of folks there. I heard they are giving away 10 sets of BFGs, so that means I won't need to buy tires for the event.

My cousin Ralph is coming
The original FAKRWEE Tribe members!

I'm going to try and make this one. The 50th will probably be a big deal. I'll just need a seat for any runs we do, unless I can fanagle a side-by-side. :)

Hey Colin. Funny thing, Ralph has my same license plate but from Florida. FAKRWEE. See ya out there.

Not sure about Truckhaven but it sure has been raining good for a few hours now and will probably continue through the night. We'll see if it makes things more interesting out there.

So, I think this time we need to camp on the mesa off S-22 like the past few years. Keeps us out of the way of the crazies. We are heading out Friday. My friends the Kelley's, my parents, my sister and maybe those crazy rednecks from MLK weekend, minus "Barbie".
His cute little white Jeep blew the clutch, the tranny is shot and it broke a front leaf mount.

Not a surprise seeing how much he thrashed that little thing.
Yeah, but it was fun to watch, we messed with the whole weekend, and we did not have to tow him home.
I still laugh out loud when I think about out night run on Saturday night. He comes out of a tight wash with the front wheels about three feet off the ground. His Heep slams to the ground, he jumps out and shouts; "Barbie that *****es!!". Funny stuff.

Hey Brian. Off of la Mesa sounds good. I'm trying to get there Thursday so Ralph can play some in the sand.

Okay, the mesa it is.

For those going east or from Borrego Springs on S-22: When you get to the large radio tower at the San Diego / Imperial County Line, slow down. At one mile past the radio tower, take a left onto dirt road. Dirt road follows the ridgeline of the mesa to the north of S-22.

Tom, try to get the camp site by the ridge as the dirt road takes a hard right to follow the ridgeline.

For those going west or from SR-86 on S-22: After you get through the houses and all the bumps, go past the TDS staging area and up a steep grade. You will pass two wide dirt roads on the right. The second road should have a "ROAD CLOSED" sign. Approximately 1.5 miles past the second road, look for a turn off on the right. If you take the wrong one, it doesn't matter they all go to the ridgeline. Follow the ridge around and look for Explorers and some Jeeps.

we are out can't take tie time off and still don't have anything finished.
Yeah you can blame it on me had to go in for a cardio catheterazation, no crap in the arteries but heart only functioning at 30%. Did I tell you I hate the State? lol

Dam Zukman!, take good care of yourself first. See ya next time.

This is probably going to be a strange trip for me. I'm working in San Diego till late Friday night, and I need to be back there Sunday morning
- so I'll probably be driving out late Friday night from La Mesa, and heading back there after the raffle Saturday night.

I've never driven out there from this direction, so I better consult the maps :)

This is probably going to be a strange trip for me. I'm working in San Diego till late Friday night, and I need to be back there Sunday morning
- so I'll probably be driving out late Friday night from La Mesa, and heading back there after the raffle Saturday night.

I've never driven out there from this direction, so I better consult the maps :)
If this really, truly is Brother of Jefe, then:

North on SR-67 to Ramona
67 turns into SR-78, stay on SR-78 east
SR-78 to SR-79 at Santa Ysabel, turn left on 79
SR-79 to S-2, turn right on S-2
S-2 to S-22, turn left on S-22
S-22 down grade through Borrego Springs and another 25 or so miles to the San Diego / Imperial County Line where you will see a large radio tower that might seem familier.
One mile past the tower turn left onto dirt path, making sure to stay to the right of the deep culvert. Look for FAKAWEE and company somewhere along the ridge.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ranger won't be ready but I plan to come out Fri. afternoon and go home Sat. night. Hopefully I can bum a ride from someone:D

Attachments

• singlelogo3.jpg
    singlelogo3.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 204

Back