chop top 1 ton ex. | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

chop top 1 ton ex.

The front leaf springs are ordered and should be here soon along with some other goodies that I'm going to give a try and see how they work. I ended up going with the rancho 44044 leaves and spring sliders from liquid iron industries.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

d0d28dad.jpg

e23e9e0e.jpg

7fcb301b.jpg

I have never seen a "shackle" like that. Won't that change your caster more than standard shackle?

Tell me more about them, please. I've been trying to figure out how to do a 4" SOA with 63" Chevy springs. that may do it. did you make that or is a pre-fab thing?

Edit: I Just noticed you mentioned them on the previous post. I'll dig around for info.

The are from liquid iron industries, they rent cheap but high quality pieces.

They low you to have lot of travel without the use on super long shckle's which also make you have to set the rig very high. Also reported to be a lot more stable then a standard shackle.

My plan is to also run them in the rear frenched into the frame along with the front spring mount so I can fit the 63" chevy's and still keep it low.

1e2fffd4.jpg

fe0bd5bb.jpg

36ac53fd.jpg

78a44f3e.jpg

a069ad3f.jpg

cf992972.jpg

5a80e1a3.jpg

d9ad69f9.jpg

Things are going to be tight, the SD 60 is going to make it a pain in the ass. But I'll figure it out.

Wheelbase is going to a lot longer then I expected, looks like at a minimum 123"-125".

glad to see an update. keep up the good work!

Still like the job is perfect

:exp::exp:

wow ...i just might need to do this to my x....very nice build...any updates?

I don't know how I stumbled upon this build but I am hooked. Just bought back my first vehicle I had in high school and I am planning on doing something similar to this. I know its been more than a year but since I joined specifically for this thread I thought I'd BUMP this to see if the build is still alive...

Sorry guys I know it's been a while, actually getting ready to part this project out. Been a busy year with family and a new job and just don't have the time to complete it.

Dang bro, I understand man, life comes at you and you take the best of it. I enjoyed looking at your pictures and you are a master at what you do. Best of the luck with your family and god bless bro

Back