Aftermarket wheels | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Aftermarket wheels

Forte 24s... Let me know what you guys think

Lookin good evasilisin! That's some really low profile tires you got there. Just watch the pot holes. Bent rims are a pain in the ass! You gonna lower when springs become available?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lookin good evasilisin! That's some really low profile tires you got there. Just watch the pot holes. Bent rims are a pain in the ass! You gonna lower when springs become available?

I actually contacted Galpin Auto Sports Wednesday night, and I am currently waiting to hear back on how much it will cost to have the springs custom made and shipped out to me. They had H&R make them springs for one of the Explorers they had at SEMA, and I figured they are probably my best bet for getting them quick.

I think 24's are too big. 22's are the perfect size for a summer setup on this vehicle IMO. With those 24's you'd definitely have to lower it to look less odd. With the 5 spoke pattern on a rim this size there is a lot of empty space behind the rims. Any plans on getting bigger brakes?

I think 24's are too big. 22's are the perfect size for a summer setup on this vehicle IMO. With those 24's you'd definitely have to lower it to look less odd. With the 5 spoke pattern on a rim this size there is a lot of empty space behind the rims. Any plans on getting bigger brakes?

Yes actually.... Looking at a Brembo setup, but probably won't get to that for a month or so. Got a lot going on right now. I'll post pics once lowered. Should be about a week until I get the springs and get them on there.

Here is another view of the 24s - Not lowered yet. The kit should drop it down about 1.7" or so

1-1.jpg

24's are for girls! You need some 30's or you got nothin! :D
smackbottomwq0.gif
srofl.gif

How much are the custom springs, I need some too. I called H&R, they had nothing available.

pimp2.jpg

30's are for girls!

huge_rims_with_no_tires.jpg

donk+cars+pictures-19.jpg

Extreme_Rims0-size-600x0.jpg

I dig the custom driver's side window.

Super lift kits, should clear major obstacles.

Lowering Springs 2011-2012 Explorer...

So I contacted Galpin Auto (the team that designed the lowered silver explorer for SEMA auto show) and the guy who built it told me the "H&R Custom Springs" were really just Eibach springs for 2011 Ford Flex AWD... Yupp, thats right. Same part. They should be on my EX by next week sometime. I have a busy weekend or Id have em on sooner than that. By the way, they were 266$ shipped to my door.

What is the part number?

...and why would they say that BS?
smackbottomwq0.gif

So I contacted Galpin Auto (the team that designed the lowered silver explorer for SEMA auto show) and the guy who built it told me the "H&R Custom Springs" were really just Eibach springs for 2011 Ford Flex AWD... Yupp, thats right. Same part. They should be on my EX by next week sometime. I have a busy weekend or Id have em on sooner than that. By the way, they were 266$ shipped to my door.

What is the part number?

smackbottomwq0.gif

Maybe Eibach will end up making the H&R springs for them. Eibach does make springs for other companies (example-Lexus F-sport).

What is the part number?

smackbottomwq0.gif

Ford OEM part # is 5310. For both the left front spring on 2011 Flex AWD and 2011 Explorer 4WD. Can't remember the other 3 part numbers, but they are the same between both the Flex and Explorer. The Eibach Springs for 2011 Ford Flew AWD fit my EX with no modifications needed and actually dropped it about 2"

I was looking through Explorer pictures and can't find the one I liked again. Luckily I wrote the name down. The Explorer had KMC Wheels XD rims Model is Thump, it looked pretty suhweet. But there was only 1 picture that I could find and now I can't find that picture again.

Does anybody know about KMC wheels are they good? I appreciate any help. I'm new to modifying.

http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheels/?wheelid=XD8007&siteid=3&groupid=36#

Eibach flex springs on an explorer.

Ford OEM part # is 5310. For both the left front spring on 2011 Flex AWD and 2011 Explorer 4WD. Can't remember the other 3 part numbers, but they are the same between both the Flex and Explorer. The Eibach Springs for 2011 Ford Flew AWD fit my EX with no modifications needed and actually dropped it about 2"

You have got to put some picks of the ex with the flex springs. I gotta see it with the 2" drop!!! Nice truck by the way.

Sorry, not diggin it at all! Look's like it was 'potholed' at the factory...but it's your car.

cbXD8037thump.jpg

I was looking through Explorer pictures and can't find the one I liked again. Luckily I wrote the name down. The Explorer had KMC Wheels XD rims Model is Thump, it looked pretty suhweet. But there was only 1 picture that I could find and now I can't find that picture again.

Does anybody know about KMC wheels are they good? I appreciate any help. I'm new to modifying.

Although they are the same part number, does the flex and explorer have same spring rate? I would think the explorer is heavier and would need a stiffer spring rate... For example, back when i had a Mazda 6, the part number was the same for the sedan and hatchback but the spring rate was stiffer for the rear for the hatch because of the extra weight from the hatch window. When people first started lowering the Mazda 6 hatchback they were given springs for sedan, and the outcome would be a massive sag look in the rear.

Although they are the same part number, does the flex and explorer have same spring rate? I would think the explorer is heavier and would need a stiffer spring rate... For example, back when i had a Mazda 6, the part number was the same for the sedan and hatchback but the spring rate was stiffer for the rear for the hatch because of the extra weight from the hatch window. When people first started lowering the Mazda 6 hatchback they were given springs for sedan, and the outcome would be a massive sag look in the rear.

V6 Explorer is 68 pounds heavier than V6 Flex, per Ford Motor Co.

Therefore the Mazda6 comparison is not applicable.

KMC wheels are very good quality, but the ones you picked out will not look good on an Explorer. Those are nice on TJs or F150s etc, not this new style explorer. That's just my opinion, to each their own.

My 22s

Love all the pics on this thead so far, here's a few of the 22s I went with. I know they're probably not for everyone but I really liked the wide bulldog stance they gave the truck. Also they're not too in your face. Of all the hundreds of wheels I looked at on line and in shops, I ended up really liking (laugh now) new 22X9 Dodge Charger SRT8 wheels. Here's the details so I don't get a bunch of emails:

-They were pretty inexpensive $2098 with tires 265/40/22.
-I got them from a custom wheel shop in North Vancouver called Sorat Wheels
-They needed some hub rings to make them fit but after that the fitment was perfect.
-The wheels are 22X9, 2009 Charger SRT8 wheels

Anyways, hopefully the pics help someone narrow down their search for wheels.

Explorer5.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back