michgan color run

rickybobby

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Battle Creek, mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT
I am planing a color tour on Drummond Island September 28-30. There are a ton of trails, for every level of rig, from stock to extreme. Camping is free (but a permit is required and available from the visitor center). Some trails require an ORV sticker which can also be gotten from the visitor center. I reccomend geting an ORV sticker even if you dont think you will need one, just in case you makea wrong turn and end up on a trail that requires one. This should be a great weekend to catch the beautiful colors om Micigans senic north country, an a great time wheeling in one of the mst beautiful areas around.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm interested. google maps puts me on drummond at just under 5 hours. i could probably find a tent somewhere in my house. would you be leaving friday morning or thursday afternoon. and how long of a drive is it for you?

When i leave will depend on how much vacation time i have left, being on 2nd shift i would need an extra vacation day to leave thursday

Okay. are you going irregardless or only if a few others join?

im going either way, although it will make for a much better trip if im not alone (getting stuck 7 hours from home is a scary thought)

Id really like to go but i dont think my lifted 92 X would make it there....trail rideing and back(in one piece lol) sure would be fun. My 94 would make it but it only 2wd...

Id really like to go but i dont think my lifted 92 X would make it there....trail rideing and back(in one piece lol) sure would be fun. My 94 would make it but it only 2wd...

So trailer the 92 with the 94 lol

Lol...then i woukdnt be sure if either would come back...jk. It is a good idea. Idk...my 92 has some back engine ticking and im super busy to try and work on her.

Lunchbox locker? I'm in for sure. Thursday afternoon works for me. Hopefully ill have another set of tires by then(265s or 285s) . Looking for a used set of mud terrains. Unless you think stock sized 29.5" all terrains will work fine?

there are trails for all levels of vehicles up there, but i am trying to find a set of 33" mud tires before the run

we still on for this trip? i'm also planning a trip for late july or early august to Baldwin area to either rent quads and a cabin or take the explorer

Im still wanting to go, but i would prefer to not go alone, i wont do much wheeling if its just me

BTW, if your gonna hit up Tin Cup trail (closest orv trail system to Baldwin) definatly rent quads or bikes, the trails for on road vehicles are kinda boring IMHO, they are just light hills and sand, no real challenges at all, the only fun i has was the few times i was able to get moving fast, but there was a fair bit of slow traffic when i ran those 2 trails

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yeah. last time i went i rented quads for 10 hours/day from wolf lake motel. i'd probably just stay there overnight as well.

I'm kinda surprised that no one else has even commented on going

Back