A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Is it unreasonable to insist the dealer install this before I pick up my new 2012 Limited (with August 2011 build date) this Friday?

I was also asking that the A Pillar TSB be done prior to delivery as well.

Spoke to sales guy today who is 'looking into it'.

Not unreasonable at all. I asked my salesperson make sure the the MFT software had all the latest updates before I took delivery of my 2012. To the dealerships credit, that is one of the this they check before delivering a car with MFT. The dealership sat with me as I setup my sync account online while the service department was detailing and making sure all the software was updated. I'm guessing the setting of the sync account is part of every dealerships service, not sure about double checking the firmware updates though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Same here!

Rebecca, is the update (not maps) being upped to sycnmyride? I recall this being mentioned before, but I've not seen anything,

I don't believe its going to be on syncmyride. That's why they are mailing the usb/sd card.... Im at dealership now getting update done. I mentioned the sd card issue to service guy and he said they'll give me a sd card if nav doesn't work with old sd card (which we know won't work). so Im keeping my fingers crossed for the next hour. Ill post my impressions of the update when i get home.

I don't believe its going to be on syncmyride. That's why they are mailing the usb/sd card.... Im at dealership now getting update done. I mentioned the sd card issue to service guy and he said they'll give me a sd card if nav doesn't work with old sd card (which we know won't work). so Im keeping my fingers crossed for the next hour. Ill post my impressions of the update when i get home.

Nice! Wish all dealerships treated the customer this way! Looking forward to your impressions on new software.

Just finished up at dealership. I played with mft while i waited on my paperwork and its definitely smoother and quicker. Although i like the simplicity of it, Im not seeing where i can change the home screen to navigate "favorites", quadrant, or wallpaper...i did get the new sd card with the update aol km good in that department....next up is pair my phone.

Smoother and quicker is good. Let's hope it is not as prone to crashes! ;)

Can you change a setting to display the temp? :D (not for me, but all the others that find this feature so important.....)

Can you change a setting to display the temp? :D (not for me, but all the others that find this feature so important.....)

Yes, I was only half joking when I said in an earlier post that Ford had better look out for my wife, if it isn't there. She will NOT be happy.

Rebecca - please tell me exterior temp is available for display?

If your wife had just walked from the house or store and got into the vehicle, wouldn't she know that its hot or cold or warm outside? She needs the actual temp display to confirm what she just felt while walking to the car? Have her turn on news/talk radio, they provide weather updates regularly :D

Yes, I was only half joking when I said in an earlier post that Ford had better look out for my wife, if it isn't there. She will NOT be happy.

Rebecca - please tell me exterior temp is available for display?

Its not available. Don't see it as an issue though. Its on the screen next to the speedo.

Its not available. Don't see it as an issue though. Its on the screen next to the speedo.

So is all the music info, navigation info, phone info and climate info. Why have MFT at all?

That's whats so great about software! Ford could have made this an option in settings and pleased everyone! Maybe they did?

If your wife had just walked from the house or store and got into the vehicle, wouldn't she know that its hot or cold or warm outside? She needs the actual temp display to confirm what she just felt while walking to the car? Have her turn on news/talk radio, they provide weather updates regularly :D

Yeap - You go explain to her that the feature we had in the crappy GM car for so many year, and in the Ford Explorer isn't necessary.

Good luck with that!

I'm curious as to when folks will start receiving them in the mail. Will have to start checking daily :salute:

I'm curious as to when folks will start receiving them in the mail. Will have to start checking daily :salute:

Thought I read in one of the articles that the mailings would start on March 8, and extend over a few weeks. I'm guessing that they'll trickle in gradually as opposed to everyone getting them in a short span of time. Plus I'd imagine that this would provide feedback from the early recipients and any glitches could be identified and rectified, as opposed to hitting 300,000 at once.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks to rx7rules for posting this on another thread, this is what the mailing packet and contents actually look like. Looks like quite a lot of info and instructions which is a good thing!

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/03/06/myford-touch-mylincoln-touch-upgrades-shipping-this-week/

thanks for posting that. I was curious about what all would be included... just a thumb drive and an SD card, or also instructions.... and what improvments were made... and cool autographed Ricky Bobby NASCAR card. Wait, he didn't drive Ford did he? :)

Back