A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

regarding the outside temp on the main display, no i don't see a way to put that on there as an option. sucks i know because i liked that option as well....but the overall improvement of the system outweighs the need for that temp display...and as others have stated, the temp display is still in the gauge cluster....if the passenger wants to know how hot/cold it is outside, just tell them the degrees yourself...

one improvement i noticed on my drive home was when playing music through bluetooth from my phone, on my way to the dealership, the song title and artist display was stuck on Cage the elephant - shake me down..even if i skipped to the next song....after the update, song titles and artists were as supposed to display with each skip.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

regarding the outside temp on the main display, no i don't see a way to put that on there as an option. sucks i know because i liked that option as well....but the overall improvement of the system outweighs the need for that temp display...and as others have stated, the temp display is still in the gauge cluster....if the passenger wants to know how hot/cold it is outside, just tell them the degrees yourself...

one improvement i noticed on my drive home was when playing music through bluetooth from my phone, on my way to the dealership, the song title and artist display was stuck on Cage the elephant - shake me down..even if i skipped to the next song....after the update, song titles and artists were as supposed to display with each skip.

Big question is how is the call quality over bluetooth? Still a wind tunnel on the other end?

I'm bummed the song name won't be on the entertainment corner any more, at least according to the iPad tutorial.

I hope this fixes my frequent problem of the MFT screen NOT shutting off. I'll come out after work or in the morning to go to work, & the screen is still on (and no, I did not leave the car running).

Hi, everyone!

This should help answer a lot of the questions you have. Over the next few weeks, we'll be mailing the Performance Upgrade to our MyFord/Lincoln Touch customers. We plan on adding it to SyncMyRide.com, but I don't have an ETA of when that will be. There's a small amount of customers that have software levels that will require additional tools that only your dealer can provide. You'll receive a notification in the mail if this is the case.

If you prefer to have your dealership perform the installation, please schedule an appointment with your Service Department. For those of you with navigation-equipped vehicles, be sure to verify with your dealer that an SD card will be available for installation.

The upgrade will take approximately one hour, in which your vehicle must be running. If you are idling, please make sure you're not in an enclosed area. You may drive your vehicle once the installation process is initiated. You'll lose functionality of your touch screen, but all other functions will remain. Once the installation has completed, you'll have to re-pair your phone, download your phonebook, and re-enter and save your navigation settings.

If you have any questions or concerns during the installation process, please contact me via private message, your dealership, or the In-Vehicle Technology Team at 800-392-4040. In order for us to assist you better, please have your VIN ready.

Also, here's a link that I believe has already been posted, but I think it's helpful:

http://syncsupport.ford.com/servlet/technology/updates-sync-with-myford-touch#reload

The exterior temp is no longer on the MFT display but it is on the right-hand cluster display.

Rebecca

I hope this fixes my frequent problem of the MFT screen NOT shutting off. I'll come out after work or in the morning to go to work, & the screen is still on (and no, I did not leave the car running).

Yep, have the same problem...along with BSOD's etc, etc. Really looking forward to finally seeing this fixed, I lost my patience with this long ago.

Yep, have the same problem...along with BSOD's etc, etc. Really looking forward to finally seeing this fixed, I lost my patience with this long ago.

Mine does something even cooler: it will randomly just go to a white screen and do nothing else. You can turn the vehicle off, come back a day later, whatever and when it comes up it's completely white. Granted, it does shut off after about 2 minutes when you leave the vehicle, but that bright white at night is a sight to behold when you're heading down a highway with no streetlights. Even dimming it as much as possible doesn't help a lot. Pulling the battery is the required fix each time. I hope it fixes this issue as well. Ford has this one mulligan and then thar be woes!

not sure about the bluetooth call quality....i briefly spoke on the phone on my way back home and didn't ask my wife how the call sounded on her end.....

as far as the song info on the bottom left corner, i went out to my truck a bit ago and messed around with it for a minute....the only way to display the song on the bottom left tab is to have the main screen on navigation, phone, or climate...but once you put it back on the home page (four quadrants), the song title disappears and then says "entertainment"..... one thing i noticed about the song title display and not sure if i'm too happy about is even on the home screen (four quadrants) the song title/artist doesn't display....it displays your 6 presets on the radio quadrant and the current radio station playing. doesn't show song title on bottom tab, OR the quadrant....i changed from fm to sirius and same thing..... BUT, if you play music through bluetooth, it DOES show the artist/song title in the quadrant.

we need someone to rip the image of the update and upload it. I'm dying...Im willing to do the update without the SD nav card!

go to your local dealership and get it done....that's what i did today. AND they gave me the updated sd card....

go to your local dealership and get it done....that's what i did today. AND they gave me the updated sd card....

My dealer wont. I have to wait....or hope someone helps us out and uploads a copy.

Bluelion, isnt there a setting for turning the song display on and off? there used to be.

not that i was able to see.....unless i looked over it. i'll be making a trip to best buy later so i'll double check then.

How can I tell if my Explorer needs this upgrade? I purchased off the lot about a week ago. I'm assuming I need it.

Well, I hate to rain on everyones parade, but brought my 2011 Explorer XLT in for repair to MFT. Had an intermittent black screen which turned into black for three days. They tried to load the new upgrade and guess what? ThE AIPM blew. Now the car won't run and I am in a rental car until it gets fixed. After 20000 miles and at least 15 trips to the dealer I think thats it. Arbitration or just get rid of it.
This was my 13th new Ford but when it is a new model built in the first week obviously they did not have their act together
Good luck to all of you. I still like the way it looks and handles but, enough is enough.

Well, I hate to rain on everyones parade, but brought my 2011 Explorer XLT in for repair to MFT. Had an intermittent black screen which turned into black for three days. They tried to load the new upgrade and guess what?

How is that raining on our parade? Sorry to hear about your bad luck, but are you expecting this to happen to all of us? Sounds like it was gonna blow anyway.

Well, I hate to rain on everyones parade, but brought my 2011 Explorer XLT in for repair to MFT. Had an intermittent black screen which turned into black for three days. They tried to load the new upgrade and guess what? ThE AIPM blew. Now the car won't run and I am in a rental car until it gets fixed. After 20000 miles and at least 15 trips to the dealer I think thats it. Arbitration or just get rid of it.
This was my 13th new Ford but when it is a new model built in the first week obviously they did not have their act together
Good luck to all of you. I still like the way it looks and handles but, enough is enough.

my guess is that your APIM was defective from the start and loading the new software was just the straw that broke the camel's back. It's a shame that dealer's stopped doing their jobs and diagnosing problems with MFT instead of just replying "wait for the upgrade." New software doesn't fix defective hardware. Your dealer should have ordered a new APIM module and installed it based on your symptoms.... While I think the new upgrade is going to make the MFT experience better for the majority of individuals, I think that there are going to be some angry users who were told that the upgrade would fix their systems by lazy dealers when the problem was hardware.

Good luck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sorry to hear that...luckily that didn't rain on my parade cause i had my update problem free before the rain started... hehe

Back