Audi quattro inspirations??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Audi quattro inspirations???

What do you guys/gals think? This is something I have always wanted to do, I found some Off Road lights at Harbor Freight for $7 a piece, This is inspired by the first Group B Rally Rally car to have AWD, actually the first company to have AWD in Rally. Inspiration is from the Audi Quattro S1 Evo.

16b0gsx.jpg

Inspiration...

audi_sport_quattro_s1_1.jpg

I know my Paint skills are not the best, but just a simple way to show my idea. I would make it so it would be easily detachable. This is more for looks, more then use. I will need something to do this summer, and for under $50, I think It would be fun.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Um, I'll say it this way- it's your truck- don't let other people's opinions affect your choice. :)

Well my main question is, would it be too much of a draw on the battery? With 6 lights, plus the normal headlights running? I probably should stated that.

your opinion is accepted, most of my friends said it would be stupid, but the ones who knew what Group B rally is/was thought it was an awesome idea.

The one big problem you will have is that you will constantly have to readjust them, every time you have to parallel park: every driver out will be knocking them out of alignment... I have a similar setup, with 4 rather than 6, and they stick out further than my bullbar. It's a pain!!!

The one big problem you will have is that you will constantly have to readjust them, every time you have to parallel park: every driver out will be knocking them out of alignment... I have a similar setup, with 4 rather than 6, and they stick out further than my bullbar. It's a pain!!!

That's not that big of a deal. Although I do live in IL, there is not many places that have parallel parking though, seen a lot in Chicago, but I never really go there.

I say go for it! Give us the specs on the lights otherwise we don't know if the stock alt can handle it. I would assume yes if they are 55watt lights and you don't have a system drawing all the power.

Use lots of good relays :D

I say go for it! Give us the specs on the lights otherwise we don't know if the stock alt can handle it. I would assume yes if they are 55watt lights and you don't have a system drawing all the power.

Use lots of good relays :D

I will have a system, but I won't have it on,when these bad boys are on. Yuo are right they are 55watt lights. 55x6=330WATTS!!! It should be better then the sun :D I may or may not do a thread about this, I am drawing up a wiring diagram in my autos class this week, and having my teacher go over it with me, so that I get everything right. like i said it is more for fun, and whether or not i can do it, one of my friends says that it cannot be done, he is not very optimistic.

Check your local laws also. There might be a limit of number of lighting on the front of vehicles.

... there is not many places that have parallel parking though ...

Lucky you! I'd say go for it then.

Although I'm partial to the Lancia over the Audi :)

Stratos10.jpg

Lucky you! I'd say go for it then.

Although I'm partial to the Lancia over the Audi :)

Stratos10.jpg

I love them all, I am like Lancia more as well, but the Audi was just so out there with these light, I really want to do a tribute.

I am still undeiced between the S4 Delta, or the 037...

1986.jpg

Lancia+037+I.jpg

Do what watch you want, Do do watch you do. Hay, just go for it. Lights are nessary and therefore not an accesory.

Go big or go home.

Check your local laws also. There might be a limit of number of lighting on the front of vehicles.

Good point too! I think most local laws specify the # of "uncovered" lights. I have 4 uncovered (2 x Driving + 2 Long Range) and have never been stopped, but better safe than sorry.

Good point too! I think most local laws specify the # of "uncovered" lights. I have 4 uncovered (2 x Driving + 2 Long Range) and have never been stopped, but better safe than sorry.

In IL it is 4 lights, but I see many cars with 6 or more uncovered, cops around here are lazy, and we don't even have vehicle inspection, it worrys me about what is driving on the road around here. but just in case I will make soem with a few zip ties, and a old tarp i have laying around.

As Pjibs said, "go big or go home" and I don't think 6 is enough! I say do at LEASSSTT 10 or 12!

Guessing georiga doesn't have a light law. I have the stock headlights, stock fogs, and 3 aftermarket fogs. Haven't had an issue, nor has any of my friends who have 6+ uncovered lights

Guessing georiga doesn't have a light law. I have the stock headlights, stock fogs, and 3 aftermarket fogs. Haven't had an issue, nor has any of my friends who have 6+ uncovered lights

You may or may not, I know in IL I see tones of people with their lights uncovered, so I guess it is all about how much the cops do, or do not care.

You can have atleast 4 lights in the middle without getting too disruptive.
215462_179440112106791_100001224097223_501051_6294435_n.jpg

I'm thinking if you want more, you can always double them up on the bottom... but that's when they will stick out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back