A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

To the right of the home button is the settings or menu button....its no longer underneath the time at top of screen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What is that to the right of the Home icon? That seems new. I believe the old/current version just has the i and Home icons.

Peter

i saw somewhere its the settings menu

I took my 2012 Explorer into the dealer yesterday and got updated to the new version of MFT (quite an impressive update!). What I heard before was that they will update your MFT software but won't give you the new maps. I also heard that the old maps won't work with the new update. My maps are working after the update so does that mean they did give me the new maps? How can I tell for sure? Is there a maps version number? If so, where is that located and what is the new maps verision number?

Actually me and the wife picked up the ex this evening and they did up date and gave us a new sd map

I think the maps will look totally different because its a different company. The sd card will prob look different too so take it out and look... If you did get the new just released update the old sd would not work, so either they gave you a new card or they updated you to 2.11.... (i could be wrong....)

I haven't had my explorer for that long so I honestly can't remember what the old maps looked like and I only have 1 SD card now so I can't compare it to anything. I do have the original box for the SD card and it says A1 on it while the SD card that I have now says A3. Not sure what that means.

I'm outa suggestions then..... :) Have you signed onto syncmyride and looked at what version it says you have?

I haven't had my explorer for that long so I honestly can't remember what the old maps looked like and I only have 1 SD card now so I can't compare it to anything. I do have the original box for the SD card and it says A1 on it while the SD card that I have now says A3. Not sure what that means.

Take a pic and post it.

Hi there jonjon1123. Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
If you have a 2012 Ex and you haven't had the new update done, then you likely do not have the latest navigation map/program. It is on a new SD card that will come along with the USB stick containing the new updated MFT. The box of the SD card I have shows Map Version A1. Inside it says "Map data updated annually". I'm assuming A3 is an updated version of A1 but is still based on the current navigation program.
bluelion, AntRock and chimoman have had the upgrades done by the dealer and should have the new SD cards. They should be able to tell us what is on the new card/box.

Peter

I hope someone can make an Image of the USB Update Stick. I will not get the update USB stick by mail. Unfortunately Ford seems to be unable to send mails to Europe.

If Ford really isn't sending you the USB stick, let me know. I'm willing to help out and either mail you a copy or upload it once I have it. Provided that is all legal.

just walked out to my truck....the new updated SD card is A3.

Yeah, A3 is the new one. Ford's MFT update instruction page has a video and even though it shows A2 in the video, there is a little caption that says A3 is the newest and correct SD map version.

If Ford really isn't sending you the USB stick, let me know. I'm willing to help out and either mail you a copy or upload it once I have it. Provided that is all legal.

Thanks, good to know. I hope it´s legal

I asked them but got no positive answer.
I think it´s too much work or whatever for them, sending the updates to germany on request. Maybe because we have just a few Explorers 2011+ here. I think maybe 20 or so. Ford does not offer the car here. I had to buy it from an importer.

Klaus

Dealer did the update and fixing A-pillar TSB before I take delivery on her on Wednesday. I'm psyched!

I got Limited with 302a, Rims & Sunroof.

Did someone take down the reply that someone posted with the download link to the update?

Did someone take down the reply that someone posted with the download link to the update?
Link was removed by Admin due to potential security/threat risks since the file did not reside on Ford's domain.

Update done... And I´m loving it.
it´s 100% better than the V2.11.
Everything is faster and more reliable.
Typical bugs (not switching off after door opening, not switching off by pressing the button, blackscreens and reboots "performing scheduled system maintenance"). All gone.
And i like the "startpage" with the option to use the wallpaper as background.

I tried to upload a couple videos but they were too large... Ill try to take video again but not in 1080p.

Some on here are luckier than others. Called two closest dealers to me and first one said cant bring it in cause it's VIN specific and I have to wait till I get it in mail and the other was nice and just said since you have nav you have to wait till you get it in mail cause they can't give out the sd card..... Oh well, hope I get it soon.....

I tried to upload a couple videos but they were too large... Ill try to take video again but not in 1080p.

Oh man, we want 1080p/60 and 3D!!!! It won't be the same now :( lol

Have you used the USB/iPod interface yet? If so, is it the same for browsing music - i.e. if in a playlist and you want to change song or review the list, does it start the "browse" process over or can you go straight into the playlist. That was one issue I have with 2.11 - it's a PITA to review playlists once listening to a song. You click "browse" and it starts all over into exploring device, music, playlist, etc.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you´re asking me: No not yet. I just did the upgrade an hour before leaving for work. I´ll be at home in 2 hours, than I will check with my Ipad. I did not have an Ipod.

Back