A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

Some on here are luckier than others. Called two closest dealers to me and first one said cant bring it in cause it's VIN specific and I have to wait till I get it in mail and the other was nice and just said since you have nav you have to wait till you get it in mail cause they can't give out the sd card..... Oh well, hope I get it soon.....

Baloney! I just had mine done. The dealer was glad to see me. The only issue was nav. There are A or B series SD cards. Mine was A which they had. Took 45 minutes. The installer said the length of time seemed to relate to the age of the vehicle and the old software version. He worked on another car during the install. He had the radio on so he could hear when the install was done! Find a good dealer!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Baloney! I just had mine done. The dealer was glad to see me. The only issue was nav. There are A or B series SD cards. Mine was A which they had. Took 45 minutes. The installer said the length of time seemed to relate to the age of the vehicle and the old software version. He worked on another car during the install. He had the radio on so he could hear when the install was done! Find a good dealer!

i know, the dealer that said it was VIN specific was a woman and the way she answered i knew it was not worth arguing over cause it was obvious she wasn't going to believe me so i just said thanks.... and at that point when the other dealer said cause of nav i just gave up.... :splat:

ps neither of these dealers are where i bought the car they are 5 minutes from my house. I'm sure the dealer where i got my car wouldn't have a prob but thats an hour away, so i figured ill just wait for snail mail.....

Hey, hey, hey. Dealer just called me to say my vehicle is ready with new AIPC and newest software including the Nav. They were working on it tuesday when hard drive died :>(. But all fixed, finally hopefully after 15 months everything will work as promised. Will let everyone know how good it is.

PS. If anyone is in Leesburg in central Florida. Key Scales is the best. Especially Wendy.

Hey, hey, hey. Dealer just called me to say my vehicle is ready with new AIPC and newest software including the Nav. They were working on it tuesday when hard drive died :>(. But all fixed, finally hopefully after 15 months everything will work as promised. Will let everyone know how good it is.

PS. If anyone is in Leesburg in central Florida. Key Scales is the best. Especially Wendy.

Glad to hear that it might finally be working for you.

Well, came back with the new install. Love how fast it goes between commands. The new screen is more friendly. Miss the outside temp display however. it is not on this version. But you can switch between the time or the date.
Because I had a new AIPC put in at the same time, it came with its own card. It is dated 2011 and is a "read only" text on it. I have to wait for the new card to come in the mail. dealer had no cards. So do not know how the nav works. My phone paired up with no problems and so far no stumbling with verbal commands.

Hello everyone have a quick question.

Since the upgrade is now available on syncmyride website can I download the new software to my Ex even if I do not have the new nav card, or do they both need to be installed at the same time? Thanks

ijustcantwait.jpg

Videos. More videos. Come on with the videos. Like being a kid waiting for Xmas. Hehe.

Since the upgrade is now available on syncmyride website can I download the new software to my Ex even if I do not have the new nav card, or do they both need to be installed at the same time? Thanks

Yes you can. The SD card is the last thing. You remove the old one and insert the new one. Voila. All donesky.

i had to lower the resolution on the video but here are my weak attempts at video clips of voice commands on navigation....don't laugh at my robotic voice, hahaha, i normally don't use voice commands....if there are any specific commands that ya'll want me to test for you, i will.... i just don't know many of the commands and such.

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3026052540053287632rNJbUm

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3068265640053287632PIsTkN

http://rides.webshots.com/video/3067418060053287632ohLHmJ

is it for sure? cause currently i have 2.11 and when i log in to syncmyride.com it says theres an update but its a dealer install and i can't d/l anything...

is it for sure? cause currently i have 2.11 and when i log in to syncmyride.com it says theres an update but its a dealer install and i can't d/l anything...

Yes, Some can download while others have to go to the dealer to get the update installed.

Yes, Some can download while others have to go to the dealer to get the update installed.

thanks hidef, i just found the other post that everyone is saying that some have it some don't. I'm trying to find a way around... this sucks... lol

Thanks Chimoman

Just wanted to make sure I didn't create another problem. We all know the MFT system has enough issues. Your carton is probably all the MFT owners waiting for their upgrade via snail mail.

Issues Solved

Thanks Chimoman

Just wanted to make sure I didn't create another problem. We all know the MFT system has enough issues. Your carton is probably all the MFT owners waiting for their upgrade via snail mail.

Well my friend. Thow away the tissues because the issues are over. This is lightning fast. I can't get over the speed of voice activated commands. Twice as fast. Unbelievable. The whole system is amazing. Have I said how amazing it is. It's almost as fast is my Android. Which by the way works perfect when paired. Messaging and everything. Yeeehawwwww.

yes they are. Now after 2 days of hard testing, I did not found any issues, bugs or experienced any bsods any more. I checked it this morning with the Ipad. It works perfectly. After 2 mins of indexing you can browse through to all available media on the pad. No matter if podcasts, music or playlists. And it worksfast and without any delay.

Chimoman, I gotta tell you, you made my day. Only had my Ex for 6 weeks, but really starting to hate the MFT system which was one of the key reasons I bought it. Sounds like everyone that has installed the upgrade is very satisfied. My will be upgraded later today. Thanks again

Well let me retract that. The new upgrade is flawless. Except that I have no nav. The new AIPC came with a sim card but is is not usable. Dealer will not order one. talked to Ford corporate and they said that I will have to wait for the mailing. The problem is that since the dealer has already installed the new software and will report it to sync maybe the mailing will be cancelled. No way will Ford bend. Well after 15 months and at least that many times into the dealer for various problems I think I'm done. Will probably seek arbitration. So much for being loyal to Ford and purchased 13 new vehicles from them. May post pics of my ex. with Lemon signs.

Well chances are the mailing is already out. That said hope you find a resolution but if not you need to stand up for your rights as a consumer!!

The problem is that since the dealer has already installed the new software and will report it to sync maybe the mailing will be cancelled. No way will Ford bend.

Did you send a PM to FordIVTteam to see if Rebecca could do something for you to ensure you will get what you need??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't give up when you're so close to...

Well let me retract that. The new upgrade is flawless. Except that I have no nav. The new AIPC came with a sim card but is is not usable. Dealer will not order one. talked to Ford corporate and they said that I will have to wait for the mailing. The problem is that since the dealer has already installed the new software and will report it to sync maybe the mailing will be cancelled. No way will Ford bend. Well after 15 months and at least that many times into the dealer for various problems I think I'm done. Will probably seek arbitration. So much for being loyal to Ford and purchased 13 new vehicles from them. May post pics of my ex. with Lemon signs.

...having everything fixed right. I'm sure Ford will get you the nav card. If you have problems with that, get in touch with Rebecca at Ford or Natasha at Ford and they will get this straightened out for you. You're so close! It's like giving up with 100 yards to go after running a marathon.

Back