Dealer Installed MFT Update | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer Installed MFT Update

Mine was built in April, 2011 - and Syncmyride says I'm "Gen2 v2.11" and it wants me to print the form. No choice for a download.

Pity as I have a 2 hour road trip this morning and could just plug it in and let it do its thing while on the road.

Did you get your update to 2.11 done at a dealer. Just trying to see if this is what we all have in common.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well unfortunately they are not all in the mail. I did the update myself, but figured I would call to make sure they have my correct mailing addy. Well......I was told my nav and update cards were not sent out yet.:mad: I was told it won't be sent out until the 3rd week of March. Oh well, at least I have the new update, just wish I had my nav back.

They may not all be in mail today, but I was told eventually they will be. Fingers crossed - it is such a hassle going to the dealer.

They may not all be in mail today, but I was told eventually they will be. Fingers crossed - it is such a hassle going to the dealer.
Unfortunately some of us don't have a choice. No problem here though. I have to schedule an appointment anyway to have the Winter wheels taken off and the OEM's put back on. Just get to drink more free coffee while waiting.

Peter

I called For Customer Service today to ask whether or not I should wait for the update or schedule an appointment with the dealer. The rep. looked up my account and then told me I should head to the dealer. I made an appointment for next week to get the update installed. I also confirmed with the dealer that I will be getting the Nav update as well.

I don't find it a hassle going to my dealer. Car dealer that is. They are very strong on customer service. Especially when the customer is very strong on demanding service. Which by the way I haven't had a problem with.

I called my dealer and they said that even though mine says bring it to them they can only do the software update, and that the nav SD card is in the mail to everyone and I have to wait for that part.

I'm confused now since it says that my update will be done at the dealer but doesn't mention the nav apart from the sync anywhere, does that only mean the software or are they actually in possession of SD cards and are just playing dumb until you bring in the form saying they're to do the update?

I called my dealer and they said that even though mine says bring it to them they can only do the software update, and that the nav SD card is in the mail to everyone and I have to wait for that part.

I'm confused now since it says that my update will be done at the dealer but doesn't mention the nav apart from the sync anywhere, does that only mean the software or are they actually in possession of SD cards and are just playing dumb until you bring in the form saying they're to do the update?

I asked the guy at my dealer this exact question and he said they just got a box of the updated nav cards from Ford.

I asked the guy at my dealer this exact question and he said they just got a box of the updated nav cards from Ford.

Hero - will call them back and see if they happened to arrive on Friday like I had heard elsewhere.

Update: called their bluff and said that another dealer on the other side of town got them, he checked and magically they have them in stock now. Going Monday to get full update, thanks for the post prompting me to check!

Time to call the dealer

2011 XLT - March 11 Build - No Nav
APIM replaced in June 11, Dealer upgraded to 2.8
Self-updated to 2.11 in Oct 11

Syncmyride says I need to visit the dealer for an update. If I do not have Nav, why is a dealer visit required?

Radio/Nav and Steering Wheel
2011 Ford Explorer
VIN: 1FMH x.. XXXX XXXXX

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.11
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AM
BT4T-14D546-AP
BT4T-14D546-GA
SYNC compatible software
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F497-AP
BT4T-14F603-AP

I read a post on the forum on Syncmyride that said a complete reflash was required by the dealer because of older software, but version 2.11 is the latest. The thing I am seeing that may be common with most of these is that they have had dealer upgraded 2.11 versions. So, were these botched up by Ford or the dealer or not fully confirmed installs by the dealer?

I read a post on the forum on Syncmyride that said a complete reflash was required by the dealer because of older software, but version 2.11 is the latest. The thing I am seeing that may be common with most of these is that they have had dealer upgraded 2.11 versions. So, were these botched up by Ford or the dealer or not fully confirmed installs by the dealer?
Oh goodie. Another new wrinkle! More information that may or may not be accurate.

Peter

May 2011 build, dealer installed V 2.11, Navigation.

SyncMyRide says mine is coming via mail.

Honestly people...calm down....

I agree. No need to panic. I know one way or the other I will get it. It's probably harder for people who have been having major problems to sit back and wait. I know I would definitely be pissed. All round poor communication on behalf of Ford. That is a department they have to improve upon for sure. Maybe when all the internet people come back to work tomorrow we'll get some more definitive answers.

May 2011 build, dealer installed V 2.11, Navigation.

SyncMyRide says mine is coming via mail.

Honestly people...calm down....

Thanks for the info on your Explorer.

No panic. I would just prefer to do the upgrade myself since it took three trips to the dealer to get all of the software installed when I upgraded to 2.11, but does not look like I will have that option. The next closest dealer is another 50 miles away. I upgraded our Edge to 2.11 with no problems. Not sure what the difference is between the Explorer and Edge, both have the same options.

Thanks for the info on your Explorer.

No panic. I would just prefer to do the upgrade myself since it took three trips to the dealer to get all of the software installed when I upgraded to 2.11, but does not look like I will have that option. The next closest dealer is another 50 miles away. I upgraded our Edge to 2.11 with no problems. Not sure what the difference is between the Explorer and Edge, both have the same options.
I believe that another thread, under the IVT group, I think, stated that a member used the same upgrade that was supplied for the Edge on his Explorer and it works. Been reading too many threads and posts this weekend and they all seem to run together in my little mind.
I'm just going to sit back and wait for this mess to sort itself out. I am still on v2.4 with Nav and really have no issues.

Peter

Mine goes in tomorrow to the dealer for the update. Mine is a late 2010 build.

When talking to Ford today, i was informed that all update packages are in the Mail, however it may take several weeks to get the package, or i could go to the dealership to have it done. So let me get this straight, Ford mailed it, but the USPS or carrier will take "weeks". I was told if i doesn't come by April to go to my dealer. Seems all the early builds, the ones that have the majority of the problems (Mine is a March 2011 build) and are the vehicles with the majority of the problems and breakdowns (i.e. co0ling fans, poor body fit, misaligned dash, replaced APIM, 4 sets of A Pillars, the list goes on) are the last to get the update, if at all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Crud! I just called Ford and mine is one that has to be brought to the dealer. At least I can get the steel drum and streaky windows fixed at the same time.

Back