Utah Explorers | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Utah Explorers

so on satuday i went up a little canyon called Hogs hollow, any way its short and normaly not that challenging even for my mostly stock ex. but with all the rain lately it has some ravines through the trail, not huge, if my ex was lifted it would have been alot better, but i decided to cross them anyway, so i drop a front tire in to see and it feels ok so then the other two corners go in, and about the time they get halfway across my ex goes up on three wheels :eek: scariest thing ive done in my ex. it did this to me twice. sorry it was dark so there are no pictures. and sorry for the random post but i just couldent help my self.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, as you're heading into Alpine you hook a right there at the gazebo... Go all the way up to the T and you're looking at their house... 83 Country Manor Lane...

before you go up the hill to the T if you take a right at that four way stop then follow it around a slight bend to the left then take the next left up Oak Hill, then the next left to Oak Hill Cir. (creative name huh?) i live in the first colde-sac(sp?) White house. it is like a minute and a half from your in laws.

yea they are huge, but that is why UT has the highest bankrupcy(sp) rate. and in UT, the highest county is utah county, the highest area in utah county is the alpine/highland area.
yet im proud to say my house is small and cheap it was built in '77 so when people give me the "your an alpine snob" crap i have an excuse as my parents have lived here forever berfore it got popular.

LOL... Yeah, my in-laws have one of the big ones on the hill... But far from the biggest!!! They're retired though... I can't imagine them ever going BK, they're good savers...

alot of the BK are relitivly young couples over extending themselves(hummers, excursions, denalis, escalades, lifted f350s, new house, nice furnature, no savings, etc.)
in my ward/nieghborhood i can think of at least 2 of every thing i just listed above.
crazy people.

WOW.... Yeah, that sounds like the neighborhood to me... I'd sure like to know what they do for work... I'd love a new lifted F350... But sure can't afford it on what I make, and I don't do to bad...

most seem to work in the computer field. (or are trust fund children)

One of my brother-in-laws is in the computer field... Used to own a company actually and sold it... They live over in Highland... Pretty nice house, but nothing extravagent...

is anyone from utah explorers going to the moab run in the first of june?
just curious, i also need to figure out how im going to convince my parents (mainly mom) that driving to moab to meet a bunch of men who i dont know, that i met on the internet is cool.

dewgod said:
My next free saturday is 21 May. If anybody is interested in mild dirt roads with history the pony express trail runs by my neck of the woods. We take the trip every now and again and see all the ghost towns etc along the trail then end up in Wendover for a little fun then home. It's not a challenging drive but has some interesting things to see. It also is a good place for some target practice for those of you into that.

That sounds awesome!! May 21st eh? Should we set this in stone?

my farm work requires me to be a last minute kind of guy so ill try to make it. may 21

Pavement

You don't have to return on pavement you can always go back the way ya came. We just do the pavement for time. It took us about 8 hours last time (we were just meandering and taking as much time as we could). So I guess your return route would just depend on how much time you had.

Run Date

May 21st sounds good to me.

Going to moab

Origanaly posted by cheesebrat
Is anyone from utah explorers going to the moab run in the first of june?
Im hoping to go down there but cant register due to work reasons, i try and go anytime i get the chance even though im not a big dog. (someday) :D Id be happy just to go and drool over all the rigs. Hopefully my bro, my dad and i will be down there. Well just have to wait and see. I love it in moab.

Hey guys I might do a run up bountiful peak then over skyline to the farmington towers (since the farmington road is dead) to watch all the fireworks. Anyone want to roll with us if we go?

Utah group.

Is the Utah group still around?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i wish i was still around to wheel. i miss goin up provo canyon. i need to get a truck too.. been looking at 4 runners

Back