MFT Update on Syncmyride | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT Update on Syncmyride

I have two different 2011 vehicles both with MFT and NAV. One will allow the download on Syncmyride, the other will not and has a form to print out to take to the dealer for the upgrade. There have been posts on this forum and on Facebook from Ford Reps. verifying that some vehicles require the dealer to perform the upgrade. I do not know why, but unfortunately my Explorer is one of them. I am glad you and other are able to do the upgrade. I would prefer to do it myself, since the last time I had an update through a dealer it took three trips to get it right. Maybe this is why it cannot be self-installed.

I don't think it has anything to do with whether you have NAV or not.

Time will tell I guess. Funny how great a disconnect there is from Corporate to the dealerships. Nobody on the east coast of Canada has a clue about dealer installs. No info was passed along to them at all. Except that Ford Canada is "mailing" the USB's out. This is a billion dollar business and I don't believe they can organize a trip across a parking lot. Seriously. I don't even have anything to compare this to. They knew they were doing it. Fail to plan, Plan to fail. Jobs should be lost.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, I hope something changes (either on syncmyride or i receive something in the mail) before my visit to the dealer. Either way I will try to post my results.
Thanks.

Everything is working except the nav, which was expected.

Speed has definitely increased and the look is much simpler. I'll get to fully test out over the next few days. So if you have nav go ahead and update - you'll just have to wait for your SD card with the updated maps.

Hey everyone!

I see all of you have discovered the Performance Upgrade download is now available on SYNCMyRide.com for some users. Point of clarification: In regards to download availability, there is a small population of early-build 2011 Explorers that will need to have the upgrade performed at the dealership. Your current website experience may include a message advising you to contact your local authorized dealership to get the upgrade, but you can also call our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-4040 for confirmation. As others have begun to report, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Performance Upgrade once you get it!

Rebecca

Hey everyone!

I see all of you have discovered the Performance Upgrade download is now available on SYNCMyRide.com for some users.

Rebecca

Rebecca,

If you say no to the NAV question and install it on a system with Nav, when the Nav card comes will it work OK? In other words, does it add the Nav module as well??

Thank you!

Hey everyone!

I see all of you have discovered the Performance Upgrade download is now available on SYNCMyRide.com for some users. Point of clarification: In regards to download availability, there is a small population of early-build 2011 Explorers that will need to have the upgrade performed at the dealership. Your current website experience may include a message advising you to contact your local authorized dealership to get the upgrade, but you can also call our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-4040 for confirmation. As others have begun to report, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Performance Upgrade once you get it!

Rebecca

Does this mean that if it is available for download that I will not recieve the upgrade in the mail?

Thanks

Rebecca,

If you say no to the NAV question and install it on a system with Nav, when the Nav card comes will it work OK? In other words, does it add the Nav module as well??

Thank you!

Yes, gdecamp. It'll work once you receive your SD card if you select the non-nav download.

Does this mean that if it is available for download that I will not recieve the upgrade in the mail?

Thanks

deerfarm,

You will still receive the USB flash drive in the mail.

Rebecca

Rebecca, to understand this right, question i have a 2011 explorer ltd 302a pkg with nav, so i go to dealer get the upgrade but don't have the new sd card when upgrade is done, then i get the new sd card is it plug and play or do i then have to go back to dealer to get that fixed please advise me.. Thanks !!!

Hey everyone!

there is a small population of early-build 2011 Explorers that will need to have the upgrade performed at the dealership. Your current website experience may include a message advising you to contact your local authorized dealership to get the upgrade, but you can also call our In-Vehicle Technology team at 800-392-4040 for confirmation. As others have begun to report, I'm sure you'll enjoy the Performance Upgrade once you get it!

Rebecca

What is the reason for this. Is there a difference in systems. Could you please let me know what change was made between the early builds and why there is a difference now and not before. I was able to download all other upgrades from 2.4 to 2.11. Now I can't..... I find it strange and it has piqued my interest. Especially since there has been no official reason given. I certainly hope I won't need to put my tinfoil hat on.

What is the reason for this. Is there a difference in systems. Could you please let me know what change was made between the early builds and why there is a difference now and not before. I was able to download all other upgrades from 2.4 to 2.11. Now I can't..... I find it strange and it has piqued my interest. Especially since there has been no official reason given. I certainly hope I won't need to put my tinfoil hat on.

I think we all would like to know this, but I am starting think they are not going to tell us. The same response to the question was posted on the Syncmyride site also.

I wonder if it's a hardware change... I can't see any other reasoning.

I wonder if it's a hardware change... I can't see any other reasoning.

I would not think so, since our Edge was build 3 months before our Explorer and I can download the upgrade for the Edge, unless they had older hardware stockpiled in the Chicago plant. I was thinking maybe firmware, but I doubt that is it either. What's even stranger is I've read posts of at least four people who have the same message about going to the dealer, but have installed a copy they got from somebody else and it worked fine. I'm just too chicken to to take the chance without confirmation from Ford.

I would not even mind waiting if they would confirm it would work and mail the upgrade to me. But at this point I will take a day off work and keep my appointment with the dealer and hope they have the NAV card.

Hey everyone!

Rebecca

OMG!!!! thanks for the phone number rebecca, but i just called that number and was told a whole different story than what has been told before. So that makes it about 5 different versions out now. What i got was my early model build 2011 ex has to go to dealer to install and i should have gotten a letter in the mail. After stating i didn't get a letter the kind woman on the phone put me on hold again and came back to say no letter, but a flash drive is going to come in the mail in the next several weeks. So i asked, ok so i was mailed the flash drive AND SD card?? She said NO just a flash drive and the SD card will be at dealer!!!!! Why mail me a flash drive only if the dealer can just pull the update from their computer????????? If thats the case why should i have to wait weeks to make an appt with the dealer??? PLEASE get a correct answer for us loyal ford owners!!!! Thank you, i know you are doing your best, but FORD is going to lose many customers (including myself) if we continue to feel like second class citizens for being the guinea pigs for this debacle....

If you don't see the download and see the "Dealer Installed" update instead then that means your unit has older software that requires a full reflash at the dealer.

What happens if the REFLASH is not done. I downloaded the upgrade for one of my other vehicles. Put it on my Explorer. It worked. No bugs or glitches. Guess I'll just have the dealer do the reflash tomorrow. Strange. Maybe it won't work with NAV if the reflash isn't done. I'll find out one way or another. Then somebody will take a verbal lashing. LOL>

Mine was reflashed twice prior to this update came out. Before and after 2.11. I don't think the dealer inputted that into the system correctly. Hence the reason mine may work properly. I will speak with the MFT tech tomorrow at the dealer. He'll give me the answers. I'll bring Scooby snacks. Donuts.

Ford's handling of this whole thing is a complete disaster. They have sent SD and upgrade packages to dealers but the dealers won't give them to existing customers and need them for their on hand stock. Why did we not get our cards first Ford? We've been dealing with these problems for over a year, and have been very patient. You guys giving these upgrade kits to dealers first so they can sell more vehicles before us is a slap in the face in my opinion. I am in Canada, so ford can't even confirm when we will get ours up here. Dealers I called were all playing dumb until I kept pushing for answers at which point they told me they only had enough for their on hand stock and I would just have to wait. I even offered to buy one, but nope. Ford definitely will be losing any future car purchases from me and my family, that's for sure.

Those are not for on hand stock my friend. Those are for you. Call Ford of Canada and tell them the names of the dealers. As a matter of fact post the names of the Dealerships here please. Then we can call them up and give them a blast. Please do it. It's the only way they can be held accountable for being Shylocks. I have already talked to Ford Canada in regards to this. The dealers were sent cards. I will whip someone around by their ankles until their bum whistles if they try that one on me.

FoMoCo Canada: You had better get a grip on this. Or it will go viral. I have some people "bloggers" who would be very interested in a story such as this. Best advertising is word of mouth. Or today, the internet. It's normal people like us who can have a very large effect on public opinion. I don't think treating someone like the way harmsangha is being treated is a fair process. The customer is always right. Right? Some may sit back and say oh well.... others may put big metallic yellow lemons on their new explorers and someothers may make videos and post them on youtube and facebook and myspace and msn and bloggers may blog about how ford came out with this new upgrade but then stuck it their customers (example of a run on sentence or a guy typing like he was going to talk... without taking a breath))........ Could make interesting reading for sure. Remember the guy who shot his daughters laptop. I wonder what the internet would think of someone taking a baseball bat to their brand new Limited Explorer. Then contacting Jimmy Kimmel or Conan O'Brien or David Letterman or in Canada Rick Mercer. I'm sure he'd love to do one of his famous rants on a major car company.

Medication please. Sorry for the rant. I just can't handle being jerked around or seeing others jerked around.

Cory, Rebecca I sure hope this matter will be brought up your chain. This type of customer relations that people like harmsangha recieve is totally unacceptable. Cory can you please send me the contact info for your Canadian contact at FoMoCo Canada. I need to speak with him. If not can you ask him to call me please. Thank you.

viral video is one that becomes popular through the process of Internet sharing, typically through video sharing websites, social media and email. Viral videos often contain humorous content

I could make a real funny story out of this one. Believe me...... Everytime I start feeling like Ford impresses me. Crap like this pops up and bursts my bubble.

The internet uses keyword searches. I'll bold some letters in a day or two in a post. Then you can type them in Google and see what comes up. It's amazing. Type in chimoman and see what google shows. It's all how it's worded. Hey Ford Explorer Owners,

social-media.gif

I spoke to ford today and was told that the reason why some people had to go to dealer even when they are getting the package by mail, is beacuase the ones that are on the gen2 v.2,11 need to have HAD a patch after they had gotten the gen2, v2.11 so due to that reason is why myself and some other owners have to get the system done by the dealer, and all and all i rather have it done by the dealer anyways this way something goes wrong its on them, then i get a loaner go home and when the dealer fix the whole thing right then i pick up my ex and go home happy ever after, !!!

NEWPORTNJ, Thanks, that makes sense to me since I upgraded our Edge several months after I had the Explorer done at the dealer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I will be willing to bet that there is an underlying hardware issue (or at least difference)with build dates before April '11. (Or maybe I am wrong, wouldn't be the first time)

Back