Dealer Installed MFT Update | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Dealer Installed MFT Update

. Seems all the early builds, the ones that have the majority of the problems (Mine is a March 2011 build) and are the vehicles with the majority of the problems and breakdowns (i.e. co0ling fans, poor body fit, misaligned dash, replaced APIM, 4 sets of A Pillars, the list goes on) are the last to get the update, if at all.

No this isn't true. It's actually quicker to get it done by the dealer if you have navigation. My truck was a Jan 4th 2010 build. My list was very short. A pillars and steel drum roof.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No this isn't true. It's actually quicker to get it done by the dealer if you have navigation. My truck was a Jan 4th 2010 build. My list was very short. A pillars and steel drum roof.

I dropped my car off at the dealer this morning to get the bumper fixed and am having them fix the rain roof issue, update MFT, and fix a rattle or two.

Was given no grief about NAV. In fact, he just mentioned that he has to order a part for the MFT update (e.g., the SD card) but he didn't indicate that it would be a problem.

-J

I just left the dealer after my appointment for the dealer requireed upgrade. Upgrade is working great. The new NAV card was installed. I deleted the old connection from my phone before hand and had to reboot the phone before it would pair. The new interface will take a little getting used to, but everything seems to be working great.

I have a November 2011 Build (and every freaking bug there is) and I have to print & go in.

When talking to Ford today, i was informed that all update packages are in the Mail, however it may take several weeks to get the package, or i could go to the dealership to have it done. So let me get this straight, Ford mailed it, but the USPS or carrier will take "weeks". I was told if i doesn't come by April to go to my dealer. Seems all the early builds, the ones that have the majority of the problems (Mine is a March 2011 build) and are the vehicles with the majority of the problems and breakdowns (i.e. co0ling fans, poor body fit, misaligned dash, replaced APIM, 4 sets of A Pillars, the list goes on) are the last to get the update, if at all.
The IVT team and dealer both told me that I will not be receiving anything in the mail. I have to take mine to the dealer to get it done and they will supply what is needed. Right now they are waiting for the SD cards to arrive.
BTW, mine is a Feb. 24, 2011 build and the only problem has been the random windshield wipe issue which has been addressed.

Peter

Well, they change their story again. So far it' gone like this

1. Mail two month ago. You'll be getting a USB and a Nav Card in the coming weeks. Oh I'm elated. This is great news

2. MFT is released on syncmyride... Yes..... Wait.... go to your dealer for an update. WTF

3. Dealer. Sorry sir, your usb and card will come in the mail.

4. Call IVT. Nope the dealer will do it for you, they have Nav Cards already.

5. Dealer. Nope no Nav Cards.

6. Screw it I'll do the update from my other cars update

7. Email from Ford IVT. Dear Mr. Black. Your USB and Nav Card are being mailed to you. Sorry for any inconvience.

8. Dealer calls. We've ordered you a Nav Card it will take a week or more to get here.

9. New MFT crashes on me because I installed it myself.

10. Dealers says wow. Reallly, we need to flash your computer. Had no Idea. Always like it when a customer educates us.

11. New email. Dear Mr. Black. We will not be sending your update via mail. You must go to the dealers and have it done. Sorry, again.

12. Still waiting......

Why do I feel like I'm Lou Costello and the IVT are Bud Abbott. Bahahahahahaahahahahaaaaaa

Back