A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 14 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

All 3 cases were people who have early builds and were supposed to go to the dealer for upgrades. I know 2 that used a USB upgrade..... Klaus and myself..... who is the 3rd? If you're talking about Peter he hasn't done the upgrade yet.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348586

He even posted pictures of his lockup and had his done at the dealer. Thats you, Klaus, and 2k11explorer.

Peter, I believe, is still on 2.4.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348586

He even posted pictures of his lockup and had his done at the dealer. Thats you, Klaus, and 2k11explorer.

Peter, I believe, is still on 2.4.

It wasn't done at the dealer. If you read it he took the thumb drive home and installed himself. He did not have the system reflashed. This is just more confirmation that the early builds will have problems if the upgrade is done with a self install. Software from the Ford PTS site is required to have the upgrade properly installed on early builds

@2k11Explorer...thanks for the update. I have been eagerly checking the interwebs for news of this update. For a while I thought it was like big foot...lots of talk about it, but no proof it existed. How did oyu get it installed, yourself (in the mail) or the dealer?

The dealer loaned me their thumb drive and the service manager gave me a nav card. I did the update myself

For those that have to bring it to the dealer make sure they understand that they have to reflash the system. Point out the note to dealer on the sheet from syncmyride. Otherwise they will just probably through a thumb drive in it.

This is why I want info from Cory or Rebeca. I don't think its clear to anyone what the correct procedure is. His dealer gave him a thumb drive. Didn't hook it up or reflash it. Thus, problems ensued

For those that have to bring it to the dealer make sure they understand that they have to reflash the system. Point out the note to dealer on the sheet from syncmyride. Otherwise they will just probably through a thumb drive in it.

This is why I want info from Cory or Rebeca. I don't think its clear to anyone what the correct procedure is. His dealer gave him a thumb drive. Didn't hook it up or reflash it. Thus, problems ensued

This is exactly why I have feelings on how poorly the dealers are being educated by Ford. But, I'll leave the rest of my colorful thoughts out, since it seems to get things deleted, which is fine... :)

this is exactly why i have feelings on how poorly the dealers are being educated by ford. But, i'll leave the rest of my colorful thoughts out, since it seems to get things deleted, which is fine... :)

+1

Point of Note. Those who have actually reported going to the dealer and getting it done say it is working great. Minus Snowbird. The first attempt went awry because of calibration issues. Dealer fixed and now Snowbird says its working excellent

It wasn't done at the dealer. If you read it he took the thumb drive home and installed himself. He did not have the system reflashed. This is just more confirmation that the early builds will have problems if the upgrade is done with a self install. Software from the Ford PTS site is required to have the upgrade properly installed on early builds

@2k11Explorer...thanks for the update. I have been eagerly checking the interwebs for news of this update. For a while I thought it was like big foot...lots of talk about it, but no proof it existed. How did oyu get it installed, yourself (in the mail) or the dealer?

The dealer loaned me their thumb drive and the service manager gave me a nav card. I did the update myself

Well, for all of our sakes, I hope you are correct in that these problems are all related to a reflash that is necessary on some older builds. The communication regarding this does stink pretty bad.

I'm picking my newly updated ex up tonight and I have a May build. I will immediately do a master reset and then will report any problems with lockups.

I Want To Believe.

Well, for all of our sakes, I hope you are correct in that these problems are all related to a reflash that is necessary on some older builds. The communication regarding this does stink pretty bad.

I'm picking my newly updated ex up tonight and I have a May build. I will immediately do a master reset and then will report any problems with lockups.

I hope to jeebus it's this reason. I want to believe.

in-ford-we-trust_design.png

HOPEFULLY THIS WON'T BE THE EVOLUTION OF MYFORD TOUCH

427771_10151244603955093_1335833899_n.jpg

Anyone else experiencing issues with their iPhone and Bluetooth audio? Sometimes it wont work the iPhone, and instead I have to hit play on the iPhone to get the audio to play. Other times I can fast forward, or rewind from MFT.

Picked up my new Explorer Limited yesterday - 2012 (september build date) - and dealer had the upgrade already installed (I told them I wouln't take delivery unless it was done) - but they didn't do the A Pillar TSB - and of course, driving home from the dealer I could hear it whistling.... grrrrr....

Anyone else experiencing issues with their iPhone and Bluetooth audio? Sometimes it wont work the iPhone, and instead I have to hit play on the iPhone to get the audio to play. Other times I can fast forward, or rewind from MFT.

Picked up my new Explorer Limited yesterday - 2012 (september build date) - and dealer had the upgrade already installed (I told them I wouln't take delivery unless it was done) - but they didn't do the A Pillar TSB - and of course, driving home from the dealer I could hear it whistling.... grrrrr....

The A pillars don't whistle. It's a vibration that sounds like theres a be stuck under them. The whistle is something completely different.

And how would they have known there was an issue with the truck if you hadn't even picked it up yet?

It wasn't a recall. I guess if you press them hard enough they'll do anything for a sale.

After you buy it, well... that's a different story

Hey,
Just got off the phone with the syncmyride people. They asked me to call them to clarify some stuff. I explained to the gentleman on the phone that the only thing I wanted to know was why I had to take my explorer to the dealer. I told him I didn't care about the SD card or anything else. All I wanted was an answer as to why everyone else can update via syncmyride and I can't.

He told me the reason is due to the hardware in early builds not having some certain software that was added to later builds. He also said if you do a self install that MFT will be buggy and will not work properly. When it is brought into the dealer they will add the software and it will run smoothly. To which I giggled.

Are they referring to firmware as to the reason some have to go to the dealer? It would be nice if they would be a little more specific. I just wonder if/when another update comes around, will we all have to go to the dealer again??

By the way I got mine updated today at the dealer and everything seems to be working great including the album art for the first time.

He told me the reason is due to the hardware in early builds not having some certain software that was added to later builds. He also said if you do a self install that MFT will be buggy and will not work properly. When it is brought into the dealer they will add the software and it will run smoothly. To which I giggled.

have you been to the dealer to reflash yours yet chimo? I also did the update via USB then got the message saying I must have mine updated at the dealer. So far other than navi being laggy (which was expected) mine seems to be working fine. I'm hesitant to just leave it be if there was indeed a patch that needed to be installed.

No, I am going next week to have it done. Mine is working great as well, except for a couple of times. It just started going wacky. Then rebooted. Froze up. The other day it said I had two versions of one usb I had plugged in. Did a master reset and it has worked great ever since. I'm going to have the reflash done by the dealer. It's there for a reason. That combined with the fact that the only ones posting freezing are 3 people who did a self install and were people who were told to go to the dealer. Everyone else has been saying it's working great. I haven't seen anyone else say theirs is laggy because of Nav. Maybe you should bring it in and see if that improves the system.

Hmm were can I find it?
I reported my sucessful installation to syncmyride.com and it shows:

Gen2 Version 3.02

Well yes I tried that before. But our dealers here have no clue about MFT at all.
Of course they don´t know what I am talking about. I asked my dealer but he is not Ford authorised. But okay, maybe its an idea to make a master reset. I was even suprised that the radio and other things did not loose there memory after the update. Maybe it´s good idea to clear the "storage".

Klaus,

Dealer updated my Edge Tuesday. I didn't lose FM and satellite radio settings, but lost all the Nav Favorites.

Rich

Again all ex owners that have been told go to the dealer to have the up grade done must go to dealer, there is a patch that the dealer has to install !!!!!!!!! Do it right and don't blame ford if you did not follow instructions .............. !:salute:

Well, it will not happen. I´m not blaming anyone.
But okay you could say that it´s my fault to buy an Ex outside US. I´m not blaming Ford for this. My car is registrated on syncmyride since last year, and it says Gen2 V3.02 and nothing about going to a dealer.
But I´m unable to register myself as the owner because the website does not allow a non US or canadian adress to be entered. It´a all limited to US and Canada. No problem for the most things.
It would be nice if they could give us non US/Canada owners more support. But it´s not a must. I knew it was my own decision to buy this car here.
I asked Rebekka two weeks ago and she told me to update me, as soon as Ford has decided how to handle exported Explorers (if they do it at all).
Yesterday I made a master reset and now I will see how MFT works. Couldn´t get worse than with V2.11 ;).
Making software with this complexity is an ongoing process. On my MFT they fixed at least the speed issue now and I had only one rebood after the latest update. That´s good so far. That´s my personal point of view.
I´m sure this will not be the last update for MFT. Let´s see what comes next.
If nothing works, I will go to a dealer next time I´m in the US and ask for the software package for my Exp.´s VIN, without my Explorer of course ;) It´s too havy for the checked baggage.

Klaus

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Since it looks like a re flash may have to be done at the dealer for some owners, I would think there should be a TSB instructing the dealer service tech on what is required to install the new software. The TSB should also show reason vehicle is being required to be returned to the dealer for the update and who is supplying the software and SD Cards (if Nav is installed). This would answer any questions by the user and dealers.

Has anybody seen a TSB or instructions sent to dealer to properly install the new software?

As a Quality one company any updates or modifications should be documented and a paper trail or history be established to determine if vehicle has been updated. In Ford case I would expect this document to be the TSB and perhaps SMR the history monitor to determine which vehicle has been completed.

Back