MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT - MyFord Touch Update received at home

batman89

Reaction score
City, State
Van Buren, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 X Limited/NAV
Who has received the NEW update and SD card (if you have nav) at your home?

Which vehicle was it for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

<crickets> .....

Wow, I knew that USPS was slow, but .... wow! Nobody?!?

In wind and sleet and rain and snow....... the postal system at its best

if they sent that **** out on the 8th there is no way no one would have received it!!!!! 4 business days???? where is it coming from???

I bet nothing actually has been sent yet.

if they sent that **** out on the 8th there is no way no one would have received it!!!!! 4 business days???? where is it coming from???

Today is the 5th mail day. If they had been sent, even via the slowest cheapest form of mailing, those closest to where they're being sent from would've received them by now. And one of those people would be on this forum saying they received it. They were not mailed on the 8th. If they were, they were only mailed to a select few, none of whom happen to use the internet.

The email I got from Ford said that I should be receiving the update in the next few "weeks." My guess is that the update is done but, like most manufacturers, they announced it before their supplier had started preparing the 300,000 USB drives and x number of nav SD cards for delivery. Hence, the few weeks which will be necessary for Ford's supplier to produce and deliver the USB drives with the code and SD nav cards. Since we are still in the first quarter, I can live with this (though I wish Ford did not announce it until they had the necessary supply of 300,000 SD cards ready to ship). Actually, if reports on the other board are true and we still have bugs with the new update, I can live with a little longer wait if Ford can finally release stable code that consistently delivers the advertised MFT features.

Today is the 6th mail day.

Has Anybody received theirs yet?

My God...

Call the Pentagon.....

You probably won't see them until the middle of next week. Just go to your dealer. The IVT team said if you can't wait go in and the dealer will update your system for you. Everybody call up your dealer and make an appointment. Doesn't matter if you go in and get it or not. Just do it, the dealers will be flooded with calls if everyone called up.

My dealer says he does not have the update or SD cards for updates. They say I should receive it in the mail and they could install it when I receive it. SMR shows that I need to return to dealer for update and when showing the form to dealer, I was told they could not do anything.

Talk about the "dog" that chases his tail.

I also PM'ed IVT with my VIN with no response. Are they responding to anybody?

Have noticed that Edge owners are receiving their updates via the mail.

Ford, what is up? So many tails of when it was sent, who will receive it, who must go to the dealer, why are some required to take X to the dealer, etc.

So you may wonder the reason for this thread. I simply want to know when any X owner receives their update and SD card. This would give X owners an approximate date when they may receive their update.

Again all ex owners that have been told go to the dealer to have the up grade done must go to dealer, there is a patch that the dealer has to install !!!!!!!!! Do it right and don't blame ford if you did not follow instructions .............. !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Again all ex owners that have been told go to the dealer to have the up grade done must go to dealer, there is a patch that the dealer has to install !!!!!!!!! Do it right and don't blame ford if you did not follow instructions .............. !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

holy **** dude, we all heard you the first 5 times you posted this on other threads. were not blaming FORD for for the new software (yet) because it is so new. Other threads posting issues are just asking other owners if they are experiencing the same things.... everyone is just asking if EX owners are receiving this in the mail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Y r your panties in a bunch???

ps technically FORD said the update was mailed earlier this month, they didn't specify which model vehicles were mailed. Maybe explorer owners weren't mailed at all and we just assumed they meant us cause of all the new EX problems......

Maybe they were mailed to dealerships first...

If your dealer doesn't have it, call another. First one I called said they had to order it, second one had it in stock and was able to install it that day.

At the dealer now

Got tired of waiting for the package to arrive in the mail, so I called the dealer and asked if I could come in to have the upgrade done, including the NAV card.

Drove right over and am waiting on it right now.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also PM'ed IVT with my VIN with no response. Are they responding to anybody?

I PM'ed IVT once on the 8th, heard back on the 12th, replied to the PM on the 12th, and still haven't heard back. All I found out was that they have a different address listed for me than what I have on the Ford Owner and snycmyride sites. I'm now waiting to hear if the update can be (re)sent to my correct address, or if I'll have to try to track down a dealer with them in stock and who's not hoarding them.

Back