CNET car tech shows off the new MFT interface. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CNET car tech shows off the new MFT interface.

GeekLegion

Reaction score
City, State
Visalia, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Limited Explorer 301
I noticed that CNET did a video showing the new MFT interface. I don't think I can imbed it (will try to figure that out)

A link to the video is here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks promising in the video... Let's hope its that improved in owners car's!

Thanks for posting the video

Looks great, but let's hope they keep the temperature to the right of the clock!

-1 I don't want the temp

Muahahahahaha.... :D

Well, I have the Update and it SUX

I loaded in the new MFS OS Tuesday night, and driving to work this morning noticed several things that I don't like about the new screens (and a few I do). The biggest one is that the GPS traffic congestion display is now broken! If the Southbound traffic is stopped and the freeway is red, so is the northbound freeway when it's running at full speed. What appears to be happening is that it takes the lesser, or worse of the two directions, and projects the problem in BOTH directions. I looked at all the freeways in Los Angeles and they are all the same way, and this was confirming smooth flowing freeways in only one direction against my iPhone running Inrix and Beat the Traffic. MFS GPS shows extreme traffic in both directions.

Other things:
-Screen colors appear less vibrant, causing things like the brown/ maroon roads to appear dull red and very difficult to differentiate between the traffic congestion…If it worked.
-GPS day screen is too "white", and generally harder to read.
-City labels are the same color as the background and only defined by a black outline. Previous screen was much easier to read.
-It appears that none of the GPS "badges" (road construction, etc.) even work. There is a lot of construction on the LA freeways that the old load displayed, this morning there are none shown with the new OS. Now I need to use my iPhone for traffic monitoring.
-Temp labels (lower right) are considerably smaller than before, making a quick glance at the screen hard. I thought that was a major complaint and the reason for making the clock larger. The larger clock is nice, but if it were moved up a few pixels, you could also put the date or temp back with a smaller font, about the size of other labels on the screen and be easy to read. Personally I will miss having the ext. temp located on the screen in the same proximity as the vehicle controls.
-BT and Battery meters have been removed from the upper-left of the phone screen. Personally I like seeing the phone health at all times..
- When editing the Sirius stations, the radio screen locks up and becomes useless (sound familiar?)

- GPS navigation from the right drivers screen and button cluster
- The simulated 'LED' lights on the virtual buttons

I don’t even know what to say or who to even talk to about this. They have caused as many problems as were reportedly fixed, and that is yet to be seen. There is no reason that a major re-write should be this bad and problems identified only hours into its use. If they Beta-test this software, clearly the testers have no clue what they’re doing. Very disappointing… I would suggest seriously keeping your present revision. I’m gonna go by the dealer and tell them to roll it back, because this is even worse for me.

That's not even the half of it. Wait and see. Can we go back to the old version? I would much prefer that to this pile of crap. Yes it's faster, when it's not crashing with the Black Screen of Death or Freezing up.. Good Lord give me strength. I'm comin weezy I'm comin.

Edit: Junk. Almost forgot that. It's pure junk.

Back