Yet another lift question...2001 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Yet another lift question...2001 Explorer Sport

ExpSprtGi

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, In
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Explorer Sport
I want a bit of lift in the rear of my 01 Sport. I was planning to go the add-a-leaf route, but the only kit I can find for my model/yr is from Napa (Balkamp 3002491) which runs something like $311 on-line. I saw a thread recommending ProComp #13120 add-a-leafs, but the site (Summit Racing) says they are only for 91-97 Explorers. Will these fit? (I like the $35 price). Or should I just go with a shackle kit from Warrior and call it good?

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go with a set of leafs from a 4 door Explorer, they will give you about 1.5 to 2 inches. They make a 2 inch torsion key to lift the front without compromising the CV joints. I did this to my sport and have had no problems after 200,000 miles...

If I were to swap in springs from a 4-door..

does it matter what year the donor vehicle was from?

A 4 leaf set up from a 91 to 2001 will work. I got mine off a 98, but don't remember what the code number was though.

add a leaf probably wont work for your spot since it is a mono leaf set up, get new lift shackles or 4 door leafs some where on this site i thought i read that f150 leafs fit too

Back