Add A Leaf Kit For A 2000 Ford Explorer XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Add A Leaf Kit For A 2000 Ford Explorer XLT

an187

Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT V-8
Can anyone give me any info on this? A link for a good kit to buy and maybe some instructions on how to do it.
Im looking to get my explorer a little higher without a complete overhaul

:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

heres add a leafs for 35 bucks from summit. for some reason summit says they are for 91-97. but they fit 91-01 since all those years have the same leaf pack (except 2doors).
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-13120/

that will lift you back end up and inch or so

if you get the add a leaf suspension kit, do you need longer u bolts? or will the stock ones fit?

if you get the add a leaf suspension kit, do you need longer u bolts? or will the stock ones fit?

nope stock ones are plenty long enough. they do come with new center bolts. the add-a-leafs are only a single leaf spring, so it doesnt make the spring pack much bigger. the aal goes one leaf up from the bottom.

ive got another question if you dont mind? would it be better to get an add a leaf kit, or a shackle lift kit. and if shackle, how big can i lift it before i have to remove stock parts?

I put a '96 4 door leaf pack on my '01 sport. AAL increase stability, towing capacity and give it a little lift. Shackles give you a lift as well but decrease stability and don't increase towing capacity any. I have 3" shackles on mine right now and it does just fine. It'll be getting stock shackles and an AAL soon because I miss the stability that it had before the shackles. My .02

i see, so i can run 3 inch shackles with no modifications to anything?

Correct. My shackles didn't hurt anything.

heres add a leafs for 35 bucks from summit. for some reason summit says they are for 91-97. but they fit 91-01 since all those years have the same leaf pack (except 2doors).
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EXP-13120/

that will lift you back end up and inch or so

That link says its for Chevy and dodge? Does it still work on the ford explorer XLT thought?

That link says its for Chevy and dodge? Does it still work on the ford explorer XLT thought?

ya, i see it shows 9 pages of vehicles that it will fit. as long as you have a 4-door. i think i mentioned this before. summit said/shows that it wont work on certain years, but they will. they told me the only thing that will fit my 99 is helper springs lol. but ya those will work

Back