Are Wrangler RT/S any good? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are Wrangler RT/S any good?

I got a set of Wrangler RT/S for $125 with steel s10 rims although I didnt need the rims, it was a good deal, but are they any good off road?? Also, thinking about getting another set of rims and some cheap off road tires, any suggestions??
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have them and if you are just doing light offroading (dirt, gravel), you should be ok. For mudding or rock climbing, you'll definately need a more aggressive tire.

I have them on my Ranger. I don't like them. I use the Ranger for my daily driver and go over a 1300 ft mountian every day. I don't like the way they feel on wet road. The BFG KO's on my Explorer are alot better.
Just my .02

blah

I will never again own G/Y wrangler RT/S, They seem to always go of balance.

I think they are good for a spare and... well thats about it!:shoot:

shucks, looks like it wasnt such a good deal after all

I liked them while I had them, but the BFG AT KO is a better tire.

That's my favorite tire, next to work horse, but I've hat the BFG AT ko's and the RT/S and I prefer the RT/S.

never had any probs with them but never went offroad with them. only ran them in the winter and they handled very well. sold them to a friend who now has them on his dakota and he likes them also.

maybe not?

i have had the rt/s for about 10000 miles and i haven't run into any problems. the only off roading i have done with them is on construction sites, through fields, old logging trails upstate. they have done well, and when they wear out, i will probably buy them again. they also do well in snow. i can get through about 6 inches w/o worrying about getting stuck, but i usually put on 4wd just to be on the safe side. i would recommend these tires to someone who does light offroading. hope they do you good.

-ken :usa:

Back