*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

baxterdown

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Come on, like you didn't know it's coming!?! LOL! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1st bug! My nav isn't working! Ohhhh.....I need a new nav card???? Lol.

Dislike: MFT 4 quadrants home screen does not show RDS info, however, if you are on the radio screen, it shows song information, if you are on Climate screen, it shows song information in lower left entertainment tab, same with in Nav.... I know I can see song info on right hand cluster, but I would like to see it on the 4 quadrant home screen.

1. The name of the phone connected overlaps the phone signal meter in the upper left.
2. When streaming over Bluetooth, track info shows on the main display but the instrument cluster shows Bluetooth Stream Detected instead of track info. Previous MFT showed track info on both.

I have a thread outlining some USB issues with MFT and the iPhone.

Dislike: MFT 4 quadrants home screen does not show RDS info, however, if you are on the radio screen, it shows song information, if you are on Climate screen, it shows song information in lower left entertainment tab, same with in Nav.... I know I can see song info on right hand cluster, but I would like to see it on the 4 quadrant home screen.

Song info is on the 4 quadrant home screen. In the square.

Song info is on the 4 quadrant home screen. In the square.

It shows it when I am using USB, but does not show when on FM. FM shows only when I am on all other screens except the main 4 quadrant home page. The 4 quadrant home screen only shows me the FM station number, such as 98.7, but nothing else.

Did it show all the time before? I know some stations don't list info all the time for all shows, and some stations don't have info at all.

Yes it showed all the time before for that particular station as well as other stations. If I switch to the entertainment tab, it shows it.... if I immediately switch to the 4 quadrant home view, it shows nothing

Yep. You're right. That sucks. I guess we'll have to get use to using the right cluster.

I have to bite my lip everytime that I use the word. CLUSTER. There is a word that starts with F and ends in K that follows that word. Nope, it's not Firetruck. This upgrade release has turned into a big giant cluster....... ck

1. Phone answer button occasional wont show up in the screen forcing me to find the phone to answer it.

2. Black screen o death showed it's ugly head today.

3. Audio source keeps dropping from Sirius to radio between drives. It also will drop from BT to Radio.

4. Bluetooth seems to have wind noise occasionally. This is audible to the person you call and only for the first minute or so then it goes away.

5. Caller ID fails quite often. Unknown caller displayed.

Did you go back to your dealer and ask them to do the install? As I understand it they didn't go to the PTS site to check your vehicle. You may be missing something in the hardware dept that was put on later models. ?????

Edit: I made the above comments as I was told by a Ford Employee that this was true. WRONG.

Last edited:

I installed V 2.0 on Friday. Worked well until Sunday. Then

1) The "eternal indexing cycle" for the USB started again. Voice command were not available. Had to re-index manually and then it worked ok.

2) Today, and for one complete drive, entertainment was unavailable. Could not turn on radio or USB. After I dropped my daughter at school (engine off and doors closed/alarm on) and restarted, it worked OK.

3) Does not show pictures in the phone agenda.

Do not think it should be the expected behavior for an allegedly fully tested new version...

location arrow disappears under street name. I actually find this really annoying.

20120318_144813.jpg

I installed V 2.0 on Friday. Worked well until Sunday. Then

1) The "eternal indexing cycle" for the USB started again. Voice command were not available. Had to re-index manually and then it worked ok.

2) Today, and for one complete drive, entertainment was unavailable. Could not turn on radio or USB. After I dropped my daughter at school (engine off and doors closed/alarm on) and restarted, it worked OK.

3) Does not show pictures in the phone agenda.

Do not think it should be the expected behavior for an allegedly fully tested new version...

Other members have reported some weird behavior after installing until a fuse pull.

Did you go back to your dealer and ask them to do the install? As I understand it they didn't go to the PTS site to check your vehicle. You may be missing something in the hardware dept that was put on later models. ?????

Edit: I made the above comments as I was told by a Ford Employee that this was true. WRONG.

Actually. . .

According to the official ford bulletin, if syncmyride says to take it to the dealer. TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. Apparently they need to completely reflash the system.

This happens to me all the time, and it never happened previous to this upgrade. I'll select BT Audio and it will show it as selected, but FM (or whatever was previously playing) will remain displayed and playing. Clicking BT Audio over and over does nothing (as it's already "selected") and I need to switch over to some third screen (like USB or something) and then back over to BT. You can see below that BT Audio is selected and highlighted, but FM is still active in the window.

mft.jpg

Actually. . .

According to the official ford bulletin, if syncmyride says to take it to the dealer. TAKE IT TO THE DEALER. Apparently they need to completely reflash the system.

Exactly. I even posted the page on the dealer paperwork that says that, with the 3 event codes. But, it was deleted with a lot of other posts in that thread.

Another smaller issue. The battery and signal drawings are not polished at all, the bars have not the same width.

Photo1.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This happens to me all the time, and it never happened previous to this upgrade. I'll select BT Audio and it will show it as selected, but FM (or whatever was previously playing) will remain displayed and playing. Clicking BT Audio over and over does nothing (as it's already "selected") and I need to switch over to some third screen (like USB or something) and then back over to BT. You can see below that BT Audio is selected and highlighted, but FM is still active in the window.

mft.jpg

I had that happen to the point where I had to pull fuse 29. Hasn't happened since.

Back