• Register Today It's free!

Got the mailed update today

lmello

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer AWD Limited
I live in California and got my upgrade in the mail today Saturday March 17th. I have a 2012 Limited with Nav. Package is complete with instructions and user guide. Took about and hour as I drove in the country site seeing while it loaded. All went well and works great so far. I like the Nav much better and it now has my street on it where the old version did not.
Since I got mine the rest of you should be getting yours soon. I will post updates if I have any issues

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I live in California and got my upgrade in the mail today Saturday March 17th. I have a 2012 Limited with Nav. Package is complete with instructions and user guide. Took about and hour as I drove in the country site seeing while it loaded. All went well and works great so far. I like the Nav much better and it now has my street on it where the old version did not.
Since I got mine the rest of you should be getting yours soon. I will post updates if I have any issues

Nice. Thanks for the update

Nice.....keep us updated...

Congratulations. Thanks for updating.

Live in Nor Cal, haven't seen it yet, glad your install went well

I did my upgrade today and here are the info that ingot from my dealership tech 1. The reason some of us have to go to get done at the dealer is because they want to check the apim and thr fan.
The update went well they even replaced the fan complete the whole thing took up 2hrs, then i synced the iphone smoothly the whole mft is working great so far not has fast as i thought it would but all and all much better i love it !

Got mine in mail today. I'm not going to do right away. Confused about reflashing. Through the screen or pull fuse 29 or not necessary on a 2012 built 7/22/12?

Got mine in mail today. I'm not going to do right away. Confused about reflashing. Through the screen or pull fuse 29 or not necessary on a 2012 built 7/22/12?

With your 2012 all you need to do is plug in the flashdrive per the instructions and be patient for it to load. No reflashing or fuse pull necessary. If you have Nav just replace the old with the new SD card after you pull the flashdrive.
You will be glad you did. Love my new MyFordTouch

Lansdale, PA all good!!!!!!

Just received mine in the mail and installed. Took about 45 minutes and went smooth. I was able to listen to the radio and sit back and read the docs that came with it. Everything seems fine and will check it out further when on my drive to work and job visits. ;););)

With your 2012 all you need to do is plug in the flashdrive per the instructions and be patient for it to load. No reflashing or fuse pull necessary. If you have Nav just replace the old with the new SD card after you pull the flashdrive.
You will be glad you did. Love my new MyFordTouch

Great. Thank you!

I am in Southern California and got mine today. Since I took delivery in May 2011, I was surprised that I got the USB and nav card and not a letter telling me to go to the dealer. I'll install it once I get off homework duty hopefully tonight.

Just got mine in the mail today too....Northern California. Came in a shiny blue envelope. Tri-fold brochure with the usb flash drive, a user guide, a how-to-upgrade and report successfull installation guide and a letter from Ford...

I will be installing my on the way to work tomorrow....Its about an hour drive there...Will report back as soon as I get a test drive on the upgrades.:salute:

Did not check the mail since last Thursday but it was in the box today. Will install tomorrow.

What do we do with the old SD NAV Card? Can they be sold?

Outside Temperature Display Gone?

Got my shiny blue envelope Saturday and already did the upgrade. Also received new SD card for the navi. All went well except has anyone else noticed that the outside temperature that used to be displayed next to the clock is no longer there? If anyone still has the temperature display please let me know.

has anyone else noticed that the outside temperature that used to be displayed next to the clock is no longer there?

REALLY???? I'll excuse it since you're new to the forum. Welcome.

I live in SoCal and got mine today.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got the update for my mom's 2011 Edge in the mail this past Saturday and I put it on same day...the system is much improved, it's actually useable now :thumbsup:

Back