*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread. | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

No offense, but I'm not looking for what a dealer might have said, or what you think "may be" the problem. I want a definitive reason from the MFT/IVT team about the actual reason for the dealer only install. I want to know if there is any need to have my system reflashed by the dealer since my upgrade is already done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Got mine installed at dealership during an oil change. Wait if you want too, or take it in. It's free!!! And yes they put a new nav card in as well. Who cares if it comes in the mail. I love it!! Faster

A person on FB stated that the tech at the dealer said the instructions said to run the fans during the update so there may be a concern of early models overheating during the upgrade process.

Funny you mention the overheating issue. On my first trip to the dealer for warranty work on MFT my explorer overheated in the repair bay. After replacing my fan and my overflow they finally found a pin on the PCM was bent and not making contact in the connector.

Just to everyone know, I have received my update in the mail today. Unfortunately I am at work and it will have to wait till I get home to install it.

Just to everyone know, I have received my update in the mail today. Unfortunately I am at work and it will have to wait till I get home to install it.

City/state?

For everyone looking for their update package, I'll report in.
Mine arrived today (in California.)

Took 33 minutes to install.

hmmm...NJ and CA. Maybe they'll make it to TN next week.

Got Mine

Cape May County, The REAL South Jersey.

30-45 Min. Install Looks OK

Package in living room!!

Received 3/17/2012-St Paddy's Day,will install on Monday 3/19/2019(when I'll have a 2 hour commute-homeward bound. This way I will be able to work on adding any fav's and settings to my liking!!!!

PS-What is with Ford Customer Service,update package was in a Blue outer wrapper,this is St Patrick's Irish Day,why doesn't Ford have better customer awareness and have it delivered on this day with a "green" package?????:smoke: :p: :D:rolleyes: :bounce: :D:p: :rolleyes:
:bounce:
PSS-SE Wisconsin,look at those jumping green men!!!!!!

Found the package in my Northern NJ mailbox today, and since the car was due for a good bath I took the opportunity to clean it out while the upgrade was running. Took about 45 minutes to complete, and so far I'm very happy. Screens look better, everything is MUCH faster, and in my tinkering I can't find any glitches.

Mine arrived today. I'd already downloaded and updated on Saturday so today was simply a matter of plugging in the SD card.

Too early for a decisive verdict, but initial impressions are that the update delivers what was promised. And hey, I've only had the car six months :D

For those wondering what to expect:

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

Received my USB upgrade flash drive today in PA. I know it says it takes up to 60 min, but I was wondering if anyone timed the upgrade without Navigation??

Received mine Saturday 3/17 Monmouth county nj and just finished the install. Took about 30-45 minutes and working a lot better now

Torrance, California, Received it today, not yet installed.

Anaheim, Californa, received it yesterday, not yet installed.

Received mine in Fitchburg, MA today. Installed last week and now have functioning NAV and Services again.

Received mine today 3/20, Shelton, CT

6/15 build date, purchased in August.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dracut, Ma here.

Nothing yet, hopefully tomorrow. :(

Back