Need pics of different size front tint strip | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need pics of different size front tint strip

CDShadow56

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, Fl (305)
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Blk MURDERED XLT 4.0
looking into getting new tints with front stip but dont know, how it would look if i lowered my strip a little, if you have any pics post them please. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you saying you want to add a strip of tint on the front windshield???

i've got a 6" strip of 5% across mine.
100_0631.jpg

yes, the strip of tint to the front windshield. i have one already i believe its 6in but im not sure, i wanted to see how it would look if i went lower maybe 8in? and is there different styles because mines doesnt look like the one on top it has a curve to it but i have seen some cars with a straight one i gues it depends on the shape of the windshield

yeah i didn't want that extreme curve so i had my tint guy make my strip look factory. i watched how he did it but its been so long....lol

oh ok so you kept the same style as factory smoked tint?

They guy that did mine was really ghetto and put it like 1/3 of the way down, and gave it a wicked curve. I had him raise it up and take away a bit of the curve and I kinda like it. I'll get a better picture of it tomorrow morning.

You can kinda see it in this one
ecd1feb8.jpg

alright cool, yeah i think mines is a bit lower then that. nice set up tho and i like the antenna

Thanks. Here are a few more. The pictures inside were taken with my iPhone right at eye level, so you can see why I can't use my visor haha

0f4ba5a4.jpg

b1dd53fa.jpg

1dc6d2b4.jpg

6a4fc451.jpg

what % did you get? looks like 50%, lol. and see that AVS1 with the line above it? my tint strip goes down to that line and is excatly 6" all the way across the windshield. as you'll find with traditional windshield ting, with the arch, the tint strip narrows quite a bit in the middle

Kazer said:
what % did you get? looks like 50%, lol. and see that AVS1 with the line above it? my tint strip goes down to that line and is excatly 6" all the way across the windshield. as you'll find with traditional windshield ting, with the arch, the tint strip narrows quite a bit in the middle

I'm not really sure.. It's the same as my front windows to match the rear. I took that picture to show how far down it goes.

IMAG2479.jpg

My strip is about 6" on the ends and a little under 4" in the middle for the curve.

IMAG2480.jpg

Tints too dark to really see from the outside. lol.

nice thanks for the pics, iv seen a few with a lower strip maybe 8in but i looks a little wierd

I have 5% on my visor. At the ends it's about 6 1/2'' and in the middle, 4 1/2''. Definitely keeps it dark inside the car haha.

get-attachmentaspx-21.jpg

nice i have 15% all around now, want to get 5% but dont know might be to hard to see at night or to park

IMAG2479.jpg

My strip is about 6" on the ends and a little under 4" in the middle for the curve.

IMAG2480.jpg

Tints too dark to really see from the outside. lol.

i like the blue led how does it look at night? been thinking bout doing the same thing but cant choose between red or blue led same for the mirror lights (puddle lights)

nice i have 15% all around now, want to get 5% but dont know might be to hard to see at night or to park

Yeah I have 15% all around as well, with 5% visor. I wanted 5% as well but I'm sticking with 15%. not only is 5% all around a cop magnet for where I live, but since I have dark interior it makes the tint look way darker than it is already.

Yeah I have 15% all around as well, with 5% visor. I wanted 5% as well but I'm sticking with 15%. not only is 5% all around a cop magnet for where I live, but since I have dark interior it makes the tint look way darker than it is already.

yea same were i live, but iv herd you can just take a pic or get a pic of an x like yours with no tint to "prove" you removed the tint or you can pay like 20 or 30 at a shop to wright up a receipt saying they removed it. yeah 15 is nice you cant see in at night but i have light tan leater so you can see in during the day -_- but limo tint is raw :D!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i dont think you posted anything...^^^

Back