*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread. | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* I Received My MFT - MyFord Touch Software Thread.

Received mine today. Atlanta GA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Received mine today.

Johns Creek, GA

May 2011 build

Torrance, California, Received it today, not yet installed.

Installed it on my way home today, took about 50 minutes.

Right now, no issues, will have to drive it for a few days and see how it works.

Only problem is trying to update SyncMyRide with my updated, site is slow and I keep on getting "Our system has experienced an error. Please try again." :dunno:

Received mine yesterday, Fairfield, CA, Aug 2011 build, MY12

Received mine in the mail yesterday, Faifield, Ca, Aug 2011 build, my12

Received mine in Grand Blanc, MI on 3/21/12.

Spengracin, can you get us all some jellybellys?

Got ours in Central Washington (state) today. All install it on the way home from a meeting tonight and post back.

Was wondering if anybody just received a letter from Ford that states, the update must be done at the dealer, and did you receive a SD card only.

I am schedule for an update at my dealer, but skeptical that it will be programmed Via the IDS computer as required for all who must go to a dealer.

Per Ford Memo dated: March 5, 2012

"FSA 11A01 - Retail customers ineligible for self-installation who must return to the dealer for the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (with and without navigation)
- These customers will receive only a letter directing them to return to the dealer to have the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE performed, as they have a version of MyFord/MyLincoln Touch software which requires a system reflash administered through the dealer’s IDS tool. Dealers
will use their seed stock of SD cards for navigation-equipped units"

"The 11A01 reprogramming procedure with IDS requires use of a computer, a battery charger, and the regular attention of the servicing technician throughout the download process."

Got mine in the mail today. :D

Mesa, AZ
MY'12

*** Update ***
Installed the MFT update this afternoon; took just under an hour. No problems during installation. I had the X parked in the garage, and a box fan pointed towards the radiator with the engine hood open. My advise (and also probably other's from this forum - BE PATIENT! I was able to kill time by walking down to the street to grab the mail and also clean the garage while the update was installing. It also helped to consume a couple of adult beverages during the time too :D

The update is absolutely AMAZING! Everything is quick/snappy, and the only "delay" is the screen transition fade effect.

Was wondering if anybody just received a letter from Ford that states, the update must be done at the dealer, and did you receive a SD card only.

I am schedule for an update at my dealer, but skeptical that it will be programmed Via the IDS computer as required for all who must go to a dealer.

Per Ford Memo dated: March 5, 2012

"FSA 11A01 - Retail customers ineligible for self-installation who must return to the dealer for the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE (with and without navigation)
- These customers will receive only a letter directing them to return to the dealer to have the PERFORMANCE UPGRADE performed, as they have a version of MyFord/MyLincoln Touch software which requires a system reflash administered through the dealer’s IDS tool. Dealers
will use their seed stock of SD cards for navigation-equipped units"

"The 11A01 reprogramming procedure with IDS requires use of a computer, a battery charger, and the regular attention of the servicing technician throughout the download process."

My tech told me when they do the install they provide the Nav SD card. The tech has to manually control the fan speed to avoid the overheat condition.

Nice design.

The issue I see is that the dealer will take a short cut to install the update by using a USB method instead of the required IDS computer install for those that must return to the dealer.

As you have seen on this thread that some has circumvented the "go to dealer for install" and finding a USB and doing it themselves. Am I wrong, but does it seem that those that have bypass the dealer are having issues with their MFT?

Questions about Upgrade with Nav:

1. What firmware/hardware in the older units (my build was 3/28/2011, current V 2,11) needs to be updated?

2. When looking at the MFT Info, can you tell by which upgrade method was done I.E USB (FSA: 11A02 or 11A03) or IDS download from Ford server (FSA: 11A01) ?

3. What does your SMR history show for the upgrade version?

4. If the IVT team, Cory or Rebecca look at the SMR or Ford data base on your vehicle can they tell if the proper install was done?

5. Every time a new version is loaded my touch screen has to be re calibrated, so has "How to put MFT - MyFord Touch into diagnostics mode" changed?

Take my X in tomorrow for the upgrade. Talking to the service rep, I do not have a real warm and fuzzy feeling that is will be done right. Since he was contradicting what I said about who will supply the SD card, the method of the install and what I should receive in the mail, I gave him a copy of the Ford March 5, 2012 Performance Upgrade summary. He said he had not seen this Memo. How many other service reps have not seen this memo?

The upgrade did show up, in Yellow, on his screen when he entered my VIN#. Did not read it all.

Spengracin, can you get us all some jellybellys?

cnsheets; maybe we can make a thread for ordering at a group discount, and then my cut, have to pay for this new ex some how, right! :chug:

Received mine yesterday in N. Illinois. 2012 Limited, late Sept 2011 build date.

Received Mine in CT

Received my blue foil packet here :Din Connecticut today. I want to get some gas this evening before installing the update if I have to leave the car running for more than an hour possibly.

Got mine and installed it tonight, 3/22.
2012 LTD 4WD 302A 9/30/11 build date.
Wichita, KS

Another 2 days have passed still nothing.

Mine showed up yesterday (3/22) in NE Indiana. May 2011 build date. No nav. Of course I already installed it two weeks ago from the SyncMyRide download.

Any one from Canada? Or is it too early to expect anything here in Canada.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Kansas City

I received the combo update (USB / maps) 3/22 in the Kansas City area. I believe late May / June 2011 build date (picked up right before the 4th of July 2011).

Back