Photos - 3rd gen pic's | Page 192 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DSC_0480.jpg

DSC_0481-1.jpg

can you take a picture of your tail lights?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

New exhaust set up. Cherry bomb vortex muffler. All cats still in place.

th_MVI_6776.jpg

Sounds better in person, also when its warmer out. I'll get another video once it warms up again.

th_MVI_6776.jpg

Sounds better in person, also when its warmer out. I'll get another video once it warms up again.

That actually sounds pretty good for a recording and you didnt get a lot of engine noise either.

I considered getting the cherry bomb but heard some people weren't a fan of it and I got my gibson for a really good price.

How is the inside drone? Sounds like there is more vibration than the gibson.

Nice! I think it sounds great! Not too loud, but certainly not soft. Perfect rumble and sounds great at idle & start up, I like it.

No inside drone. I was surprised that it didn't drone actually. I love it. When its warmer it crackles slightly when you let off. Which I enjoy. Not excessive, just a slight bit. Definitely makes my Ex stand out some. I've had a few startled looks already from f-150's and some chevy trucks.

th_MVI_6776.jpg

by listening to that i was thinking MAYBE (JUST MAYBE!) it was a v6 ... and now im sad lol id love for my x to sound like that

i like the cackle but want more of the v8 idle (obviously) my silverado is total straight piped and dumps out over the rear axle and i guess thats the tone i want but not as loud as my truck

I haven't heard the Vortex on a v6, but with the design I think it would be fairly raspy. You might look into the Extremes or Pro's if you want to go with Cherry Bomb. I love the Cherry bomb sound. Plus, its not flowmaster like most people use. I like being different :D.

Shop I got it done at said they they completely quit selling Flowmasters and gone exclusively to Cherry bomb because they cost less and sound better. And I have to agree.

Anyways, my .02

Courtney has a cherry bomb on her V6, but I haven't heard it before. You could ask her if she has a clip of it.

i totally agree MO ... different is always better ... i just honestly havent shopped around enough to make a informative opinion on what the v6s would work with and triton ill have to ask her when i build up some extra cash

It's been a while since I last posted on here, and since then, I have made a few changes.

Before front bumper:
X2.jpg

After front bumper:
Xnewfrontbumper.jpg

Pre-lift:
X-1.jpg

Post-lift:
Myliftedx1.jpg

HIDs, I know, the low beams look green but they are actually whitish-blue (6000k)
Myliftedx2.jpg

Myliftedx3.jpg

It's been a while since I last posted on here, and since then, I have made a few changes.

Looks a lot better with that new bumper and lift! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I've been trying to get it to look better lol.

You're definitely on the right road to getting it to be a bad ass truck. :thumbsup: I dislike these trucks stock, but with a little work they can look great.

What else are you planning to do with it?

Courtney has a cherry bomb on her V6, but I haven't heard it before. You could ask her if she has a clip of it.

I do have the vortex muffler but I don't much like it... I was looking at switching to a flowmaster but maybe it would just sound the same. I can post a clip if you like.

Please do cortney ... just looking at options :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here it is... Doesn't sound so raspy in person, I did it with my computer so it's a little distorted. Still don't like it very much but probably wont ever get the sound I want with any muffler sooo... It will do i guess

th_Movieon2012-03-23at1348.jpg

Back