2012 Sport Trac Grille on a 3rd gen Exporer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2012 Sport Trac Grille on a 3rd gen Exporer?

nbing99

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 XLT
I was looking at the new sport tracs the other day and I really like their grille. It got me wondering if there was any way to put one of those grilles on a 04 explorer.. Its probably a crazy idea but I think it would look cool if it worked. Any ideas on if the two grilles are about the same size?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gen 2 ST 2007-2010 RIP

You Can,however it would require you changing out your whole from clip. I hit a deer in my explorer, took the insurance money and bought a front clip from totaled 2010 from side impact explorer and changed the front clip out. Now my 03 looks like a 2010. Looks great now just needs matching paint job.

Post a pic of it please

Sign me up for the pics!

Ditto!

I want to see this Explorer. I've always thought of doing this. lol

WHY ARE WE STILL WAITING?!?! lol jk

I'm sure the fenders, hood, bumper and what not bolt up without much if any modification. Pretty common between close year cars.

I'm calling BS fellas. Just looked at his other posts an there's a whole lotta talk and not much else. That and he has only posted 2x in the last year and a half....

I'm calling BS fellas. Just looked at his other posts an there's a whole lotta talk and not much else. That and he has only posted 2x in the last year and a half....

I'm starting to wonder the same, but I still want to see this if it is true....

:ttiwwp:

You swap the headlights as well, called a front end conversion. Headlights grill, bumper, hood, fenders. As long as the width and what not are similar and can be mounted to the same area's (sometimes new holes are required and such) generally you can make it work. I've seen it done on quite a few cars.

you can make anything fit onto anything as long as you have the money, but i thought he was just referring to just the grill. not changing out the hood and lights and everything else.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back