A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A faster, simpler, better myford touch is here - MFT Update

trip, you can update it yourself on syncmyride.com. you have to put the download tool on a flash drive, plug it to your car and then plug it back into your comp to report it. All instructions are on syncmyride.com. Batman, yes i do have NAV. i have a 2011 ltd 4wd with 301a package, heated/cool seats (if that makes a dif). Batman, did you get a thumb drive in mail? if you did can you plug it in comp and verify the files are same or not as what i posted in pic?

vig1116, the status tool does not work, I have tried it a few times. I will try a VHR the next time I'm in the vehicle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just an update, I ran a VHR and it did in fact update my software version of SyncMyRide.

And also, I mentioned in one of my cons of the new upgrade that the Navigation box only showed a small compass. Well strangely after two days the box is now showing the street name under the compass. It was always showing on the 4" screen in the instrument panel area but now it's on both and that box looks much better.

Today I took my Ex (2011 Ltd w/302a) for PA state inspection, works oil change and Sync upgrade form, per the Sync website informing me that the dealer must do the update. They completed the inspection and oil change and then found a problem with coolant overheating and they changed my cooling fan motor. I smelled collant in the passenger compartment sometimes but never noticed the guage register high as I keep the RPM, Fuel and Temp up at all times on the left screen. He did not complete the MFT/Sync update as I was told I need a new APIM module (11A02 Recall Campaign) which he did not have in stock and he will call Ford to authorize the ordering of a replacement and he will also have to order a new Nav card which also was not in his stock. He apoloized for not being able to complete the job today and will call me to reschedule an appointment hopefuly by the end of this week. This is no problem as long as it finaly get updated. (the built date was 3/17/2011)

I had my mft update done today at my dealer rather than waiting for Ford to mail me something.

I am disappointed that the temp display is now gone off the main screen, I've tried looking for a way to display it and it is not an option. I think this is a mistake to have it gone from there, it only makes sense to have it there to compare exterior temps with the interior temps. This was a bad move IMO even though you can have it show up on the center dashboard, I much prefer to have it in the center display.

I had my mft update done today at my dealer rather than waiting for Ford to mail me something.

I am disappointed that the temp display is now gone off the main screen, I've tried looking for a way to display it and it is not an option. I think this is a mistake to have it gone from there, it only makes sense to have it there to compare exterior temps with the interior temps. This was a bad move IMO even though you can have it show up on the center dashboard, I much prefer to have it in the center display.

I'm sure it will make an appearance in a future update....

Will the newest version be on my 2013 being built this week?

Yes. All 2013's are coming standard with the update and 11-12's are recieving it when you go in. At least that's the case with the Taurus.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have this issue.
In the 2.11 version with nav, it would tell me the speed limit on the highway and speed limit for the off ramp. In this new update it doesnt.

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have this issue.
In the 2.11 version with nav, it would tell me the speed limit on the highway and speed limit for the off ramp. In this new update it doesnt.

Mine shows speed limits when it's not crashed.

Just picked my ex up today, has new update installed from mailed package from Ford, they also did a master reset after the install, it really helps from what other folks have posted. Also my dealer mentioned they learned from the last three days it helped all updates to do the reset.
Have to say, it's faster cleaner package, I do miss some features that 2.11 had. I'll report any issues in the IVT section, as I find them.

Had dealer install yesterday morning. So far I am loving it. Much easier to read some of the information with my crappy eyes. Immortal2011, I am showing speed limits on mine.

calendar

Had update done last night. I noticed that my calendar still doesn't work. It still is stuck in the 2030's.

On a side note, when you re-enter your clock settings, should Sync with GPS and Daylight Savings Time both be set to yes.

On a side note, when you re-enter your clock settings, should Sync with GPS and Daylight Savings Time both be set to yes.
It is optional. Whatever you wish.

Peter

If I don't set them both to yes the time is wrong. Depends on where you live. That province in Canada doesn't have DST. Saskatchewan I think. I must say almost 2looks weeks now and no problems at all. Super fast and I can't get over how responsive voice commands are

My Review

A. no learning curve, it is so easy to use, there is a zero learning curve assuming you have been awake in the 21st century - and while it is different from the original it really isnt all that much

B. speed, wow...when I would start up the car before, and IF the mysync would function, it took about 15-20 seconds before it would do anything, now it is almost instant

C. for instance when making a call, i couldnt do it for the first 3 minutes the car was running, now I can do it almost one second after i start the car

D. no on screen outside temp, bummer, hopefully they will fix that

E. i tried logging in to my home wireless and it wouldnt work, now, the screen defaults to capital letters and defaults back to capitals EVERY time you type in a letter, so i couldnt get in but was using caps (for my password), now at work and cant log in here either, so i dont think the internet deal works at all, anybody know?

But overall the new system is absolutely awesome, too bad they didnt do this from the get go ...

Can i set it up to default the screen to the radio, for instance, when i start the car, as opposed to the menu it defaults to now?

BTW my dealer said that every explorer owner is getting a thing in the mail with a flashdrive or whatever with the new program, i didnt get one, still havent, he used one that had come in with another customer and used the sd nav card also as i have nav

he said all that stuff about not getting something in the mail applies to taurus, not explorers, and yet i still have nothing in the mail...so who knows

HOW DO I DO UPDATES NOW? DO WE STILL HAVE TO DO THEM OURSELVES IF WE DONT WANT TO GO TO DEALER, HOW DO WE KNOW WHEN TO DO THEM?

When I picked up my Ex , (had several issues taken care of), also they installed my update for MFT. At home logged on to SybcMyRide.com to update my new confirmed install for MFT, and wha la, it was already posted, also when I inserted the USB drive, it said could not find confirmed install on drive? The dealer must have installed using there system and installed my SD card. See below from my SyncMyRide: This is the current install. Note; i had dealer do master reboot it helps with bug issues during install that many are having.

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2

Confirmed installations

BT4T-14D546-AP

BT4T-14D546-FA

BT4T-14F496-AS

BT4T-14F497-AP

SYNC compatible software

BT4T-14F603-AP

DA5T-14D546-AC

DA5T-14F496-AC

BT4T-14F497-AP

DA5T-14F657-AD

My receipt says "Installed CT4T19H449AB" : Memory Card, Performed Recall 11A02 Reprogrammed APIM, Installed New Nav Map SC Card, Inserted new nav map card in glovebox (what is this?)

So by the way I got my internet to connect to my home wireless, now what? How do you get on to a search engine? etc? typing pad?

I am not sure what use the ability to connect the car to a wireless network would be. Maybe it will later become a way to update things or software on the car, or maybe have it connect and sync the currently useless MFT calendar with the calendar from Outlook on your PC.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am not sure what use the ability to connect the car to a wireless network would be. Maybe it will later become a way to update things or software on the car, or maybe have it connect and sync the currently useless MFT calendar with the calendar from Outlook on your PC.

Use your phone as a WiFi hotspot and stream Pandora from the vehicle. That's what I would use it for...

Back