Possible overheating starting | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Possible overheating starting

...I just called and left a message a few minutes ago...
I made sure to put this through right away, blwnsmoke. I also replied to your last PM with more details.

...I never got a response from any Ford Customer Svc reps either...
jlrohio,

I see Marysol called and left a message. Please let me know if you’d like anything forwarded before your next follow-up.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Cory. Waiting to hear from Austin at Ford.
Appreciate it!:D

jlrohio,

I see Marysol called and left a message. Please let me know if you’d like anything forwarded before your next follow-up.

Cory

Cory,
Yes, I called her back and we spoke this afternoon.

A very competent team from Beach Ford in Virginia Beach has been working on my Explorer's main issues.
Beach Ford completed the overheating TSB and replaced the engine cooling fans and ordered the items needed for the greasy windows. It will go back next week for that fix.
In addition, they've noted the cracks that have appeared in the roof under the roof rails.
And I intend to speak to them in the future about working on the other items that I mentioned to you (water retention in the doors & discolored molding) but the overheating issue and greasy windows needed to be addressed first.

Thanks for putting me in touch with my regional customer service rep! :thumbsup:

Thanks Cory. Waiting to hear from Austin at Ford.
Appreciate it!:D
You’re very welcome, GWA1; Austin is awesome!

...Thanks for putting me in touch with my regional customer service rep! :thumbsup:
jlrohio,

You got it; let me know if you’d like any more details forwarded.

Cory

Today I took my Ex (2011 Ltd w/302a) for PA state inspection, works oil change and Sync upgrade per the Sync website informing me that the dealer must do the update. They completed the inspection and oil change and then found a problem with coolant overheating and they changed my cooling fan motor. I smelled collant in the passenger compartment sometimes but never noticed the guage register high as I keep the RPM, Fuel and Temp up at all times on the left screen. He did not complete the MFT/Sync update as I need a new APIM module (11A02 Recall Campaign) which he did not have in stock and he will call Ford to authorize the ordering of a replacement and he will also have to order a new Nav card which also was not in his stock. He apoloized for not being able to complete the job today and will call me to reschedule an appointment hopefuly by the end of this week. This is no problem as long as it finaly get updated. (the built date was 3/17/2011)

Umm, what 11A02 Recall Campaign?
11A02 is one of the three types of performance upgrades for the MFT. I think mine is a 11A01 as an early build but I won't know for sure until I take it in this week to have the update done.

Peter

Thanks Peter. I knew that. I was more concerned that I missed the APIM module recall. I'm up and working fine.

Umm, what 11A02 Recall Campaign?

I guess that was the reason that they did not send me the upgrade USB flash drive & Nav Card, and that is why why I had to have the dealer perform the update.

Thanks Peter. I knew that. I was more concerned that I missed the APIM module recall. I'm up and working fine.
I thought there was some mention of the APIM in theservice bulletin sent to the dealers. I read it again after my post and I was wrong. I'm sure I saw something on the it somewhere. So many posts on this upgrade in different threads.

Peter

Ford CS finally called today, they called my dealership and is getting it in tomorrow for the long list of things.. I'll be interested to see what they say about the moonroof rattle and the squealing brakes as it doesn't happen every time. They are also providing me a loaner that is an equivalent of the EX.

Thanks Cory!

...He apoloized for not being able to complete the job today and will call me to reschedule an appointment hopefuly by the end of this week. This is no problem as long as it finaly get updated. (the built date was 3/17/2011)
Thanks for keeping us in the loop, jjs461. I’m sure your dealer will take care of you.

...They are also providing me a loaner that is an equivalent of the EX.

Thanks Cory!
You got it, blwnsmoke. Please don’t hesitate to message me with any more details.

Cory

Back