Is this a good buy for a light bar??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Is this a good buy for a light bar???

fl-ch-gn4056a__a.jpg

found this on ebay. not too sure if its reliable, especially since its made of plastic. comments?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've looked at that before and think it could look pretty cool and at $50 your not taking a huge risk if it sucks but my only issue is that they don't tell you anything about it lol.

One good light that you would mount on an X costs appx. $50.oo. You usually get what you pay for......But, you never know untill you try.

I'm not too sure. I do find it a bit scetchy. There is barley any info with it. And diesnt say if it comes with bulbs included. Cause then Thts Gna run me some money to buy bulbs. Also there is like 4-5 diff companies selling it at the same price around on eBay. If I.get it I will be sure to tell all about it.

Even though it's mounted a bit back from the windshield in the pic, the curve in the larger unmounted image makes me think it'd fit right above the windshield, where the curve is. Hence I think it'd really screw up aerodynamics, putting a huge object right at a spot where wind moves fast at highway speeds. So besides the cheap price, it'd probably cause a loss in MPG, and likely increase wind noise.

All in all, I'd suggest getting a deal on some brand name lights and mounting them to the factory crossbars.

Looks like a tall stick on wind deflector for a sunroof with lights built in. Is it hollow from the backside so you can see the wiring/light mounts? I think it's kind of neat so long as it's not just stuck on with double sided tape like the average wind deflector ;)

Edit: Found the ad; it has a lot more photos http://www.ebay.com/itm/OFF-ROAD-US...es&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e6b7adbe3#ht_9752wt_1396
This seller appears to include the bulbs, wiring, switches, relays and 3M tape... So I guess it is stuck on.

Even though it's mounted a bit back from the windshield in the pic, the curve in the larger unmounted image makes me think it'd fit right above the windshield, where the curve is. Hence I think it'd really screw up aerodynamics, putting a huge object right at a spot where wind moves fast at highway speeds. So besides the cheap price, it'd probably cause a loss in MPG, and likely increase wind noise.

All in all, I'd suggest getting a deal on some brand name lights and mounting them to the factory crossbars.

How do you mount them onto the cross bars? Do you know of a thread tht shows how to? Cause tht would be a lot better.

light rack

drill holes in the rail/crossbar for em'

if i were to make that light bar what lights would you suggest? Im thinking about LED's for it. I trying to have no more halogen lighting. thanx for the help guys!!!:salute:

See answers in your other post.

See answers in your other post.

Thans for that info Bill. I have seen the LED's and liked the way they've looked. But the halogens are good as well.

Back