Letter proving dealer needs to do upgrade? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Letter proving dealer needs to do upgrade?

bheld

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer XLT
SyncMyRide website is telling me I need to take my 11 explorer (purchased last April) in for the upgrade. My dealer is telling me that I need to wait to get a letter in the mail proving that this is the case.

Has anyone received such a letter? Is the really the case?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SyncMyRide website is telling me I need to take my 11 explorer (purchased last April) in for the upgrade. My dealer is telling me that I need to wait to get a letter in the mail proving that this is the case.

Has anyone received such a letter? Is the really the case?

I also purchased my car last April and, when I checked the web site, was told I had to go to the dealer for the update. I just called the dealer and he set up my appointment after I explained about the web site message. He did not ask for a letter. There is a form you can print on the web page that you are supposed to take to your dealer. My appointment is tomorrow and I plan to take the form even though he didn't ask for anything.

You should be able to print the form you need from the syncmyride website., Login, check for updates and it should give you the info that you need and form.

You should be able to print the form you need from the syncmyride website., Login, check for updates and it should give you the info that you need and form.

Rebecca also just posted a reply to this issue in the "Rebecca or whomever" thread. She confirmed that a letter is to be sent out and noted if you have problems setting up the appointment with the dealer to call the IVT 800 number listed in her post.

I have not received any letter from FORD regarding the MFT update.

Syncmyride stated I had to take it into the dealership, which I did earlier this week, but so far no letter in the mail stating I need to take it to the dealership.

I have not received any letter from FORD regarding the MFT update.

Syncmyride stated I had to take it into the dealership, which I did earlier this week, but so far no letter in the mail stating I need to take it to the dealership.

Same here.

When I took mine in to the dealer yesterday the SA asked if I had received "the card" in the mail, so I assume he had already seen something like that. However, gave me no problems when I said no and explained that I had already been told mine was an early built that needed to be done at the dealer.

I love the dealership where I bought my Ex, I wish they weren't so far away (about a 40-50 minute drive). When I called the nearest dealer and said I needed to do the MFT update the response was something along the lines of "huh?" After explaining what it was they said I could bring it in to have it done. When I asked if they had the Nav cards they said that they didn't know and might have to order it. I told them "never mind" and made the appointment and the drive to the other dealer yesterday.

I received my letter today. It says I need a 11A02 upgrade. It included a User Guide for the changes. Someone posted what this upgrade entials, but I don't remember.

I received my letter today. It says I need a 11A02 upgrade. It included a User Guide for the changes. Someone posted what this upgrade entials, but I don't remember.

Entails hooking up the explorer to the computers, putting the fans on full while doing the upgrade, and monitoring the fans to make sure they don't fail. If they fail, replace them, reprogram them, and start over.

:)

Thats funny your dealer needs the form/letter.

They are not very well informed.

I downloaded the form on Syncmyride and printed it, when I handed it to my dealer service writer he laughed and said, "thanks we don't need the letter, as soon as we connect your vehicle through the OBD port the Ford website auto detects via VIN what version it needs"

Maybe try a different dealer who actually took the My Ford Touch training.

Got my letter in the mail today as well but dealer already did upgrade.

Back