*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

I think many of us 11MY owners will now need new APIM's

I hope that's not the case!
My vehicle is at the dealership this morning for the MFT update (pre-May 2011 build). I will report my findings later. I hope I do not regret the update, since we really did not have issues at V2.7

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After a 11 hour round-trip drive this weekend, here are my comments on the latest release MFT release:

Positives:
1. Responsiveness is greatly improved over v2.11
2. I now receive text messages over MFT w/ my DroidX
3. I can "Browse" the Sirius channels without it freezing / showing a blank screen

Negatives / Input:
1. Would like to see an "Advanced" View option for the "Home" screen
a. Place the "Outside" temp next to the clock (like prior versions) or in one of the quadrants (the instrument panel displays it on the "Navigation" menu
b. Display song title / artist in the "Entertainment" banner (as others have mentioned), as I shouldn't be required to navigate through the instrument panel or open one of the other functional areas (Phone/Navigation/Climate) via MFT (this was a feature in v2.11)​
2. Voice commands still didn't work in Navigation; was unable to recognize / find POI names

While yes, I do think v3 is a big (performance) improvement over the v2.11, I feel that Ford over-simplified the "Home" page. For the vast majority of us, I'm sure the technology features on the Explorer played a (big?) role in why we decided to purchase this vehicle, which would lead me to believe that a large percentage of the owner-base is comfortable using technology.

Honestly, I don't recall reading (any?) comments on the boards saying there was "too much" information on the screen, just general performance / stability issues with the v2 releases.

So with that said, I hope Ford eventually roles out an "Advanced" view option so we can obtain some of the features we lost in this v3 release.

Well, After reporting that my bluetooth stopped working previously in this post, I was forced to do a fuse pull....again....

This is what I ended up with AFTER the fuse pull......

IMG_1806.jpg

Well, After reporting that my bluetooth stopped working previously in this post, I was forced to do a fuse pull....again....

Well, that's not good!

I wonder what the chances are of system file corruption when pulling power from the MFT system, either through pulling the fuse or battery cable.

I cringe when the power blinks and my computer is on for fear of something getting whacked during a write. How susceptible is the MFT file system to corruption?

+I had my update for over a week and I can appreciate the faster and more stable system. I did the self install - MFT and NAV - and it progressed smoothly. I also get a text sound indication for iPhone when I did not before. Much to love, but a few new things to dislike.

-I echo the response that the system is too "dumbed" down and it also is too chunky for my taste. It's like going from Lego blocks to Duplo blocks. I like having the extra info at a glance and would like a "more or less info" option. The album art is so small that is has become irrelevant. Unless I am in climate mode I cannot tell fan speed nor can I see what direction is being used. I now get a popping sound similar to a record player when playing music from my iPhone 4 via the USB connection. Sometimes I'll get "Audio Off" in the cluster screen and music will be playing on the main screen. ?? I pan through the audio choices and things return to normal.
Finally, is it me or does the voice prompt sound pissed off? Things sound hurried and curt. Who spilled the soft drink into the MFT?

IMG_1806.jpg

I've also noticed poor behavior like this as well. One time on my way to work, everything was normal and the buttons all changed to ORANGE with black text backgrounds. Pushing the button restored that particular button to normal, but it stayed orange until I restarted.

I've also had USB issues - detailed in another thread.

It is faster, but its not real stable for me.

I've also had issues where my bluetooth got dropped once - hard to tell who's fault that ways (MFT or phone).

I truly believe that part of the problem is the devices people are using with it. Perhaps my combination of devices aren't working well (USB music stick and Droid X) with it.

I picked up the ex from the dealership with the MFT update:
I just played with it during the drive back home...
Good:
seems faster
you can pause sirius satellite broadcasts
no problem hooking up both of our phones (iphones)

Bad:
Temperature icon gone, really?
Custom wallpaper seems useless feature, since they overlay with the home screen, we enjoyed loading a couple photos, but now really no use for them!

Main Screen Clock Issues

Since the upgrade, things have been good. I had one restart (happened after a short drive, less than a mile, turning off the engine and then starting back up again - coffee stop).

I have not done a master reset on the system, yet, but I have noticed that the clock on the main screen seems to be off - it either stops updating (and falls 10 minutes or so behind). If I click on the time to check the settings, it displays the right time in the settings window, but the time in the display goes to "--:--" and stays that way for a while..

Anyone else?

I've also had issues where my bluetooth got dropped once - hard to tell who's fault that ways (MFT or phone)...

Well, I use an iPhone 4s (prev. an iPhone 4) and I still occasionally (though not as often) lose BT Audio Streaming randomly. It's hard for me to blame the phone itself, since I can pair it with two different sets of BT headphones for BT Audio and I've never once had it drop randomly or fail to connect to either of those. Only MFT seems to exhibit that behavior.

It's better after the upgrade, but still an occasional annoyance.

A few quick updates after some additional commute time this week. The BT Audio is working flawlessly so far (DroidX) and it even displays the song title in the "Entertainment" quadrant, which with v2.11 (when working), it would only display the title of of the first song that was played in the playlist (it wouldn't change when the next song was played).

Regarding the ability to display the Sirius Radio Artist / Title data...

So when listening to Sirius radio, the Entertainment quadrant displays your presets and the icon of the channel you're listening to (above the preset bar). Now isn't that redundant since I'm likely listening to one of my presets? That space should be repurposed to display the Artist / Song Title.

Well, I use an iPhone 4s (prev. an iPhone 4) and I still occasionally (though not as often) lose BT Audio Streaming randomly. It's hard for me to blame the phone itself, since I can pair it with two different sets of BT headphones for BT Audio and I've never once had it drop randomly or fail to connect to either of those. Only MFT seems to exhibit that behavior.

It's better after the upgrade, but still an occasional annoyance.

+1. Overall, even though the upgrade gave us a more Fisher Price type UI and reduced some features, I have found this version to be more stable. I will gladly trade stability and consistent functionality with a interface that provides more info.

So far, Bluetooth streaming with my iPhone 4S has worked (though sometimes it will not allow switch to bluetooth streaming from touchscreen/ annoyingly, I have to use the steering wheel buttons to make it switch). I haven't tried USB as much as I really want to test out bluetooth.

The interface, if anything, seems slower but I never had an issue with responsiveness. I need to test nav as it got so bad pre-update I just got used to NOT using it.

Since MFT worked flawlessly for me for a month after I got the Explorer until it started exhibiting problems, I will withhold judgement for now. If the only problem after a month of use is that I occasionally have to use the steering wheel to turn on bluetooth streaming, I will be very happy.

I agree with many forum users here, I think they dummied the system down to much, I read through all the threads for MFT, not one mentions to many options, we just wanted a more stable, user friendly approach.
I wanted to note, I had a Lincoln for a loaner the MFT looks better,and operates great, I think for a high end ex we were snow balled, and rob of the quality we purchased and deserve.

I thought I read somewhere of this happening to someone else, but could not find it. Today all of the buttons changed to a red background. Everything works, but the buttons are red until you press one then it goes back to gray and the others stay red.

iPod functionality for a shuffled playlist is still not working correctly. Now, when I stop the car & am on song 9/146 the next time I start the car, the song is 75/146 which is the order of the song if the playlist were NOT shuffled & the remainder of the playlist plays in non-shuffled order. You have to stop & restart the playlist to get it to shuffle again.

My BT Streaming display has quit updating the current track. It still shows an Alanis Morissette track from several days ago, which is kind of embarrassing. I get the idea I'm going to have to do a System Reset to clear it.

My BT Streaming display has quit updating the current track. It still shows an Alanis Morissette track from several days ago, which is kind of embarrassing. I get the idea I'm going to have to do a System Reset to clear it.

Alanis? Now that is embarrasing (just kidding).

Did you try resetting your phone? Perhaps its your phone. Probably not given the issue's I have seen with the new MFT.

Am I losing it or have the breadcrumbs always been the same size as the vehicle arrow?

photo-1.jpg

Alanis? Now that is embarrasing (just kidding).

Did you try resetting your phone? Perhaps its your phone. Probably not given the issue's I have seen with the new MFT.

No kidding. No matter how much classic Aerosmith I threw at it, it refused to change. Yeah, I tried resetting the phone.

A little while ago at lunch I finally reset MFT, before I had to have anyone ride with me and subject me to ridicule while I swore up and down that the wife had been playing it. It seems to behave properly now after the reset.

Do your breadcrumbs disappear after 5 breadcrumbs? Mine do...I used to be able to go hundreds of miles with my 2007 Ford Edge breadcrumbs---What good are breadcrumbs if they disappear so quickly??

Last edited:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Do your breadcrumbs disappear after 5 breadcrumbs? Mine do...I used to be able to go hundreds of miles with my 2007 Ford Edge breadcrumbs

Yes mine does the same

Back