Indepentdent MFT Bug Tracking Site | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Indepentdent MFT Bug Tracking Site

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
This was also in another thread, but it seemed important enough to warrant its own thread.

Here is a site where you can report MFT bugs. http://outofmytouch.com/

They also have a piece of software to reboot your MFT without a power cycle. Don't know what it does, or how it works. I haven't downloaded it or used it at this point. No guaranties on what it will do for you, or to you.

Interesting info on the site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They also have a piece of software to reboot your MFT without a power cycle. Don't know what it does, or how it works. I haven't downloaded it or used it at this point. No guaranties on what it will do for you, or to you.

Interesting info on the site.

I've already downloaded the reboot software and used it on v3.02...see this thread where I posted info;

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351173

Worked like a charm and must easier than battery cable pull or fuse pull.

Already posted bug on the site as well....sigh. Well really not a BUG per say but inefficient software implementation again!

Is the 'reboot software's the Sirius upgrade from a while back that would trigger a reboot? It seemed that you could use it as much as you wanted to without harm, and it was the easiest and fastest way to get the system to reboot reliably and on command.

Not sure but maybe it is? Maybe it was stripped from that. It works really well and does trigger a reboot!

reboot, or reset? Will we lose everything if we use it?

Hi all,

I am the owner of outofmytouch.com, so I wanted to introduce myself. I drive a 2012 Focus with MFT, and I created the site to try to publicize the problems with MFT as well as help existing owners find workarounds and solutions. The main thread on MFT over at Focus Fanatics is 111 pages long as of today, so it's hard to weed through.

Thanks to everyone who has filed bugs. I hope we can collect all of the bugs in one central location to maximize their visibility.

To answer the questions about the delayed reboot app: it works with 2.11 and 3.02. It was originally created from the Sirius update that went out before my time as an MFT owner. I've also independently had a copy that is nearly identical sent to me from Ford itself (the only difference is some comments in the ini files, no functional difference). At some point I'll put up my own instructions and a direct link so you don't have to register at the Edge forum.

If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them here or via any of the feedback mechanisms on the main page at outofmytouch.com.

Near term enhancements I'm looking into:
1. Issue voting (to gauge prevalence, urgency)
2. Model field (to determine if any bugs are specific to Explorer vs Focus vs Edge, etc)
3. Markup to directly embed a youtube video into an issue description

Hi DJS!

I think you had a great idea with the site! Lets hope people will use it and it works to help us all with these problems.

I used the reboot app and it worked like a charm on 3.02.

Nice of you to drop in here!!!

Really nice of you to drop in the forum.

Headed over there right now to report the BT lockup on startup bug, if it has not been alread.

This is a great site. Nice work for sure!!! If only Ford would pull their heads out of the tail pipe and be proactive in the same manner. Yeah Right!! They are to busy living in denial.

If only Ford would pull their heads out of the tail pipe and be proactive in the same manner. Yeah Right!! They are to busy living in denial.

My best guess is Ford hired some consultants to get them out of the pickle they were in. The consultants came up with the dumming down the software, damage control. fancy package, new slogan yet we still have problems....although better than before for some. Wonder what they do next? :popcorn:

Next step, a true re-write of the front-end, based on ideas/data/complaints/issues/bugs collected by scouring this and other forums for hours/days/weeks/months on end.

Ford is expending a tremendous amount of their good-will capital on MFT. They better get it right soon. It is my belief they are still working on it and will make good on promises made.

Keep the faith....

Next step, a true re-write of the front-end, based on ideas/data/complaints/issues/bugs collected by scouring this and other forums for hours/days/weeks/months on end. .

I have no doubt they have to do this and probably will....keeping the faith is the problem though. Knock on wood mine has been good for almost 4 weeks now since I used the reboot software I mentioned above.....:eek:

Back