*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

*OFFICIAL* MFT - MyFord Touch v2 Software Bugs and Fixes Thread

Amazing how noone from Ford has chirped in.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Amazing how noone from Ford has chirped in.....
Amazing yes. I can think of many more applicable adjectives too, many of which are far less polite.

The other variable is the model year of the Ford employee's beta test vehicle. As employee's many get a new car every 6 months. So did all the beta testers use 2012/13 MY APIM's?

I wonder how many 2011 APIM's were tested with the Upgrade because as you say some of these bugs are too blatant to have been missed.

Or were they identified but a decision was made to get the release out ASAP and bug fixes would be reviewed later.

I think many of us 11MY owners will now need new APIM's

My build date was 15 Dec 2010. I have no problems with the update. Beforehand I had 2.11. I have had the dealer update for 16 days now. Did fuse pull after update. Took sync off my phone before I got back in the vehicle. Erased my USB Sticks (saved music on my laptop first) reformatted them and put the music back on. I have no problems with my android phone. I purchased an ATRIX. I have had no.slow.down of the system. I have added and deleted wallpapers with no drama. This leads me to believe some have bad APIM's. I find it highly unlikely my early build is the only one not having problems. Just FYI my system worked well before the update. Navigation works perfect.

Upgraded manually about 2 weeks ago. Got in the explorer today and the screen was black and the buttons on the dash was unresponsive. Climate can be controlled via steering wheels controls. No radio, navigation or phone. On to fuse pull... *sigh*. Everything has been great until today; besides some of the visual gripes which I agree with

I was listenning to Sirius according to the dashboard screen, but the sound said I was listening to AM (as well as the screen near the steering wheel).... apparently I could change stations AM/FM, but it still looked like I had the sirius station on. The car also defaults to FM radio regardless on what it was before you turn off the car.

Im very annoyed but the IVT team seems actually interested in helping me.

My install is roughly 3 weeks old and I had the same thing happen to mine the other day. I had to do the fuse trick to get it working again.

Upgraded manually about 2 weeks ago. Got in the explorer today and the screen was black and the buttons on the dash was unresponsive. Climate can be controlled via steering wheels controls. No radio, navigation or phone. On to fuse pull... *sigh*. Everything has been great until today; besides some of the visual gripes which I agree with

An Update here. I took it in for service this morning. The APIM Module needs to be replaced. On order and will be fixed tomorrow. Service Advisor says it didn't have anything to do with the upgrade and that 'these things happen'. At least it's under warranty...

Another APIM bites the dust. Could you please ask how much it will cost to replace said APIM? I think my premium warranty 7 years 100+ miles is going to save me a few dollars in the long run. I plan on keeping this for 7+ years.

Anyone having trouble with using the phone calling out with sound. After the upgrade now folks are having a hard time hearing us on the blue tooth car mic.

Touch screen unresponsivr

Last week, I got a minor wierd behavior a couple of times, the dash power off button regused to turn off the radio.

Yesterday, though, the touch screen became unresponsive, and has remained like that since then.

I REALLY think Ford needs to put its act together with this. Have not heard anything like this from Audi or Porsche on their screen systems. This is becoming plan unacceptable.

Anyone having trouble with using the phone calling out with sound. After the upgrade now folks are having a hard time hearing us on the blue tooth car mic.

Did you try adjusting the bluetooth volume? While on a phone call, press the volume button on the steering wheel to adjust the volume. I'm not sure if this adjusts just your speaker's volume (e.g., the voice of the other caller) - or if it also adjusts the microphone volume as well. Might be worth a shot.

Also, perhaps your phone has a bluetooth volume setting somewhere.

Last week, I got a minor wierd behavior a couple of times, the dash power off button regused to turn off the radio.

I've been having this issue too of the radio not responding to the power (off) button and so I cannot turn the radio off. It also does not respond to voice commands to turn off. I seem to only experience this problem with the radio when my blue tooth connection with my phone acts up or disconnects (which is almost every call now). All other functions are working fine for now.

Anyone else having issues with maintaining a bluetooth connection with their phone? My phone displays a message that the bluetooth signal is weak and then I lose the connection. I've repeatedly repaired the phone connection but it hasn't made any difference. I've never had any problems in the past with my phone connecting to other various bluetooth devices.

Yesterday, though, the touch screen became unresponsive, and has remained like that since then.

1. Get the reboot software I mentioned in another thread.
2. Do you remember what you were doing right before this happened?

Same thing happened to me right after I ran Health Report....it all went wacky, phone would not shut off. The phone was involved in Health Report being transmitted to Syncmyride.com so wondering if Phone is part of t he problem. Have not had any other issues with phone though.

Working fine since reboot.....

Text Message Notifications

Before the upgrade I would be notified when I got a text message, and it would play the message (after I answered the prompt). Now I don't even get notified of a text message. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S II. Has anyone else lost this ability? My friends really want it back so they can send me rude texts on my way home from work!

Before the upgrade I would be notified when I got a text message, and it would play the message (after I answered the prompt). Now I don't even get notified of a text message. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S II. Has anyone else lost this ability? My friends really want it back so they can send me rude texts on my way home from work!

Post your number. I'm sure a few of us would be up to sending a few rude texts to test it out for ya:D

Starting to get an old pre-big update USB audio bug. When I get a call when playing USB audio from my iPhone 4S, the USB audio cannot be heard after the call ends (song or podcast continues to play on phone but no audio over speakers even after switching to AM and then back/ only solution is the same as before, unplug and replug the phone to the USB cable). I have the same problem sometimes when I change sources (e.g., streaming music to song in iPhone memory). I also had my first bluetooth audio glitch since the new update.

Hopefully this is not the sign of things to come as I was very very happy with the update until now.

The other variable is the model year of the Ford employee's beta test vehicle. As employee's many get a new car every 6 months. So did all the beta testers use 2012/13 MY APIM's?

I wonder how many 2011 APIM's were tested with the Upgrade because as you say some of these bugs are too blatant to have been missed.

Or were they identified but a decision was made to get the release out ASAP and bug fixes would be reviewed later.

I think many of us 11MY owners will now need new APIM's

Has Ford changed the APIM since early in the '11 model year? Are the part numbers different? I have a fairly early build (March, 11) but have not had too many problems. If there is a significant upgrade in APIM, we should all be on alert to lobby dealers for an upgrade if problems are persistant.

The new APIM doesnt help either, I got one and still having problems...

My upgrade problem

Just got back from my dealer installed upgrade. I would have done it myself but I wasn't eligible. I never had one single problem with any part of SYNC in the past year of ownership until now.

The Explorer is finished so I am in the lot playing. Attaching my phone, putting my home address into nav, etc.. I set my home as destination and head off. 15 minutes later my navigation craps the bed. Screen goes black the other functions work fine.

Every time I push the Navigation button the screen goes black, I get a message on the dashboard, Navigation fault see screen for details. The screen goes back to the main menu screen with the four quadrants.

I call the dealership they wanted me to turn around, but I live 45 mins away and already waited 3 hours. I was done hanging around for today. His suggestion, turn the car off for 25-30 mins and take out the SD card. I'm writing this as I wait, and set up another appointment for them to probably re-install this so called upgrade again.

Good work Ford.

The only thing I have noticed is in the navigation screen, up in the right hand corner where the buttons for dest. Mute are, where you touch is off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Strange how some are getting bugs and having stuff crap the bed. I can't understand why some have absolutely no problems whatsoever and others have more trouble than you can shake a stick at. Mine has been problem free for almost a month now. Not slowing down at all. I still think it's the APIM's.

Back